New LT ?? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old May 22nd, 2007, 10:38 pm Thread Starter

New LT ??

I'm told Canadian dealers are heading to Spain in August for a new LT rollout.
Can anyone confirm this ?

2011 BMW 1600GTL
2000 BMW R1100R
2008 Burgman 650EX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old May 23rd, 2007, 9:10 am

Can't confirm nor deny.

Much discussion about a GT motor in the LT frame/body... dunno tho... When are they due home so you can share a bottle of wine with them...?

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old May 24th, 2007, 11:54 am

Copied from GL1800Riders.com:
Quote:
In this months TWO Wheels magazine which produced in Britain there is a short article about this new bike. BMW itself is telling the bike press a 1850cc inline-six engine which they are calling K1850LT. This new model most likely would be released in late 2008. BMW is telling the bike press all about this, but at the same time they are teasing them because they are saying this is rumors from inside the factory. They say it will be a model to take on the GL1800 head on.
There is a specualtive sketch there too. I don't know the source.

post #4 of 8 Old May 24th, 2007, 1:32 pm

The flying super brick: Inline 6 cyl engine.

Wonder if it'll come with an enhanced EH centerstand, cuz the extra weight will make this thing tough for even Joe to pickup on a good day. An he's 'sperienced at it.

Tate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #5 of 8 Old May 24th, 2007, 1:39 pm

Thumbs down

I think that article is about as valid as the pic that's also in that thread. This silly rendering has been going around for months and months. I don't believe any of it. Not for a second.

post #6 of 8 Old May 24th, 2007, 1:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I think that article is about as valid as the pic that's also in that thread. This silly rendering has been going around for months and months. I don't believe any of it. Not for a second.
I could barely make out S-KRAFT.NET under the drawing. It's a design firm in Stuttgart. The new K5000S is in there, two. It's a V-8.
http://www.s-kraft-design.de

Blessings!
munson+

The Rev. John Munson
Vicar,
, Burkburnett, Texas
Vicar,
, Wichita Falls, Texas
2007 R1200RT "REV ZM"
IRON BUTT ASSOC. #37813
See my video:
post #7 of 8 Old May 24th, 2007, 1:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by munson
I could barely make out S-KRAFT.NET under the drawing. It's a design firm in Stuttgart. The new K5000S is in there, two. It's a V-8.
http://www.s-kraft-design.de
I knew I smelled a rat. Good eye Munsy!
post #8 of 8 Old May 24th, 2007, 8:18 pm

For BMW to even think of coming out with a 6 cylinder is very poor management........... The current LT motor is just as fast as the wing and handles twice as good and gets better gas mileage plus it is more durable so why in the world a new motor???????? Any increase in motor size will increase weight and hurt its superior handling........

Unless ofcourse BMW is doing this just for change sake....Which will maybe be the pushing point for many who are discouraged with the dealer situation now........Think BMW,,, Think real hard when you change the LT........Pete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in