PDA Phone VOICE II discovery! after 4 months - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old May 21st, 2007, 5:02 pm Thread Starter

PDA Phone VOICE II discovery! after 4 months

I know this will probably get moved, but....
I have a 2007 LT with VOICE II. I have been struggling with all sorts of hook ups to wire the phone to the bike. I have a PALM Treo 750. I could hear fine, but tehy could only hear me some times, mainly when at a stand still. WHat I found was that when they could hear me, it was actually through the mic on the phoone, NOT the bike. Even though I had side tone.

I had the BMW cell phone cord, BUT it is only a 3 conductor cord which works on most older phones. The TREO 700 and 750 and some other newer phones use a 4 conductor plug. AHHHHHHH the mic was never "wired" to the bike. BMW has an adapter obscurly placed in the accessories catalogue (last years) the adapts phones that have 4 pin requirements for the earbud to the BMW 3 pin. I have ordered one, (27 bucks) and hopefully, it will work.

Milton Geltz
05 K1200S
06 Bergman
07 LT
05 Rumble Bee
05 Viper Ram
02 TA Ram Air
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old May 21st, 2007, 5:32 pm

I am glad that you posted this. I have an 07 and my phone is a Verizon Pocket PC that have been trying to connect to the Voice II with same problem. I have to check on the pin number did not know it was a differance in connectors out there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BMW K1200GT 2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic (Atlas)
BMWMOA # 130458

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HD FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2008 Suede Blue & V. Black(hers)
post #3 of 9 Old May 24th, 2007, 8:24 pm

I just use my older phone and fit my sim card. A good helmet is crucial for wind noise reduction at speed to use a phone with any clarity.

Dean

Just booked a table for two for me and the wife. It was bound to end in tears though - she's crap at snooker.

Such an unfair world. When a man talks dirty to a woman its considered sexual harassment, but when a woman talks dirty to a man its 2.50/min
(charges may vary).

2005 K1200LT with ZZ Trailer (For Touring)
Piaggio X9 500ie (for running about)

post #4 of 9 Old May 30th, 2007, 11:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeler34

I had the BMW cell phone cord, BUT it is only a 3 conductor cord which works on most older phones. The TREO 700 and 750 and some other newer phones use a 4 conductor plug. AHHHHHHH the mic was never "wired" to the bike. BMW has an adapter obscurly placed in the accessories catalogue (last years) the adapts phones that have 4 pin requirements for the earbud to the BMW 3 pin. I have ordered one, (27 bucks) and hopefully, it will work.
Milton,

Do you have the part number? I have a Verizon PDA & am wondering if I'm having the same problem you were. People can't hear me.

Kevin

Kevin
'06 K1200LT
post #5 of 9 Old Aug 28th, 2007, 11:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeler34
I know this will probably get moved, but....
I have a 2007 LT with VOICE II. I have been struggling with all sorts of hook ups to wire the phone to the bike. I have a PALM Treo 750. I could hear fine, but tehy could only hear me some times, mainly when at a stand still. WHat I found was that when they could hear me, it was actually through the mic on the phoone, NOT the bike. Even though I had side tone.

Milton Geltz
05 K1200S
06 Bergman
07 LT
05 Rumble Bee
05 Viper Ram
02 TA Ram Air
I have the same problem trying to use a Treo 700p with the J&M intercom in a 2005. Does anyone have a solution?
post #6 of 9 Old Sep 19th, 2007, 12:00 am

Garage
I was curious about this 3 vs 4 pin issue. I confirmed that the Treo 700p uses 3 pins. I tried a 3 pin wired cellphone headset on the Treo and it worked fine. Then I plugged the Treo into my '07 LT (just sitting in the garage) with the BMW 3 pin cable and verified that the microphone in the headset is definitely working into the phone.

That said, the few times I've tried to actually use the phone I've been able to hear others but all they hear is a lot of noise. I've assumed it is just because of the ambient sound of the bike, etc. and using an open face helmet that doesn't shield the mic at all. I would love to find out that is wrong and that there actually is some alternative solution so others could hear me.

Alan
Garden Grove, CA

'07 K1200LT Biaritz Blue (97k miles)
'08 K1200LT Biaritz Blue (76k miles and climbing)

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well - that comes from poor judgment." -A.A. Milne

post #7 of 9 Old Sep 19th, 2007, 7:04 am

Minor hijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by deancardey
A good helmet is crucial for wind noise reduction at speed to use a phone with any clarity.
Depends on the intercom system, actually. I often talk on the phone while riding. And the other party doesn't know that I'm on a bike. And I have a flip-up Nolan . . . not the quietest helmet. I talked to David Taylor while doing 130mph across southeast California. Ask him about the clarity.
post #8 of 9 Old Sep 19th, 2007, 11:00 am

The only thing that really scares me more that a Mom with a minivan full of kids on a cell phone, is using one on a bike. Nothing is more important than keeping your mind on what you are doing while riding... just my $0.02
post #9 of 9 Old Sep 19th, 2007, 3:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bflemingor
The only thing that really scares me more that a Mom with a minivan full of kids on a cell phone, is using one on a bike. Nothing is more important than keeping your mind on what you are doing while riding... just my $0.02
There was a time (not too long ago) when I would have whole-heartedly agreed. But trust me, it makes a huge difference when you're just talking into a headset that's installed in your helmet. No different than talking to my wife sitting behind me via intercom.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in