I RODE TO "TRAILER WEEK"!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old May 19th, 2007, 10:45 am Thread Starter

I RODE TO "TRAILER WEEK"!!!

Rode down to Bike Week at Myrtle Beach on the LT and only saw three BMW's all week! Never seen more chopers and Harleys in my life! It started raining on Thursday and within 5 minutes I saw three separate accidents. People were riding like they were crazy. I was amazed how many trailers I saw! Should be called "Trailer Week"!

By the way...I met two LT'ers in the parking lot at Walmart. Can't remember your names, but if you read this post, please respond! It was a blessing to meet you guys! Thanks for the conversation...and thanks for RIDING to Bike Week!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old May 19th, 2007, 11:21 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccpastorjack
Never seen more chopers and Harleys in my life!
And I bet it looked like casting call for The Pirates of Penzance, didn't it?
post #3 of 13 Old May 19th, 2007, 1:13 pm

Myrtle Beach (Redneck Riviera as we call it) ain't no place for a pastor during Bike Week!

Our member "Ekim" (Mike) is down there on his LT with his missus. His is that dark graphite color, almost black. He'll have a Maryland tag.

Havin' to frequent I-95 a lot this past week I saw so many HOTs (Harleys On Trailers) that I was wonderin' it it had somethin' to do with 3 dollar gas.

Have fun! Pray for them sinners!

Stop by the SBB in Murrells Inlet and give 'em a blessing!

Dave
Monkton, MD
and Pawleys Island, SC
2002 K1200LTC

post #4 of 13 Old May 19th, 2007, 3:28 pm

I rode my LT to Myrtle Beach for a business conference last year. Several people assumed that I must have trailered it down. "You mean you rode a motorcycle all the way from Greenville?" I told them that we now have paved roads all the way across the state.

Most of the non-riders who live in the Myrtle Beach area seem to have a negative view of motorcyclists. Gee, I wonder why?
post #5 of 13 Old May 20th, 2007, 11:30 am

Having lived here for the past twenty four years, I think we had a slightly lower turnout this year. I also noticed a significant increase in the number of riders with helmets, albeit for maybe 2% to 5% but nevertheless a real increase.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 Old May 20th, 2007, 3:00 pm

You haven't seen trailer week till you visited this next week, Black Bike week. I saw one trailer last year with 24 bikes on it from Baltimore. I'll see if I can get a photo or two this year.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #7 of 13 Old May 22nd, 2007, 7:43 pm

Smile LT representative

Charlie and I from Nashville both on LTs along with a 1500 Gold wING Rider also attended Myrtle Bike week.

I enjoyed Myrtle B more than Daytona spring or Fall. Crazies were all spread out, traffick backed up on 17 but just short delays. Test rode 5 Yamaha/ Kawasaki cruisers. Flogged them big time - dragged RH floorboard on Yamaha 1300 on exit ramp. Great town (city)

On way home pealed off in Knoxville Tn and rode Dragon, Cherohala and back roads into Chattanooga. Got rid of Cruiser fever real quick!
post #8 of 13 Old May 22nd, 2007, 8:15 pm

Tons of EB-BMW*

*Everything But BMW

I was riding up I-75 and I-95 from Tampa to WV this past weekend and wondered why there were so many packs of Harley's and Harley Trailers heading south.... Realized it was bike week in Myrtle Beach after asking a group at one of the rest stops. In a 2,000 mile ride, I saw one (1) BMW and it wasn't a K1200LT... The few, the proud the......... Had lots ask me about the heated seat, grips and electric windshield. It was cold in WV Sunday morning. 42'.. What an incredibly pleasant ride.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #9 of 13 Old May 22nd, 2007, 8:22 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandiver
*Everything But BMW

I was riding up I-75 and I-95 from Tampa to WV this past weekend and wondered why there were so many packs of Harley's and Harley Trailers heading south.... Realized it was bike week in Myrtle Beach after asking a group at one of the rest stops. In a 2,000 mile ride, I saw one (1) BMW and it wasn't a K1200LT... The few, the proud the......... Had lots ask me about the heated seat, grips and electric windshield. It was cold in WV Sunday morning. 42'.. What an incredibly pleasant ride.

Yep, I had several groups of people look at mine too. They would always say, "Sure looks comfortable!" "Sure is big!" or "Never seen one of those!" I just met a guy the other day who said, "I just got back from Myrtle Beach...Man, am I tired...what a L O N G ride!" I didn't say anything, but I thought...what a G R E A T ride! I tell ya...I LOVE my LT!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #10 of 13 Old May 23rd, 2007, 6:19 am

Hey Jack,

Funny you say you only saw 3 LT's...that is how many I saw too! So maybe one of them was you.

The wife and I had a great time down there. We stayed in North Myrtle which is a little less congested. It is always fun to take the LT to events like this and watch my harley buddie's faces when everyone starts to gather around the LT and start asking questions.

We stopped at the Harley Shop in Murrells Inlet on Friday (about 1.5 hours in traffic..bad idea) to pick up a tee shirt for my wifes harley friend (who would never ride to Mrytle Beach) and had our pic snapped by the photographer there. Out of 500 bikes they photographed on our roll, we were the only BMW. Maybe cause all the other BMW guys were smart enough to steer clear of that place!

Overall a great ride down and a great time there.

-Ekim
2005 K1200LT (R.I.P.)
Manchester, MD

post #11 of 13 Old May 23rd, 2007, 9:14 pm

I rode to MB

Three of my friends and I rode to MB via Washington D.C. We had quite a ride from Detroit. No rain, a little cool at times, but it was good run. I opted not to ride my LT, but rather rode the H-D SE Ultra 2700 miles in 9 days to "fit in" with the rest of the riders there.

I hope you took the opportunity to demo ride the Boss Hoss. Ride one of those and you will wish you didn't ride an LT. Just kidding!

Peter
post #12 of 13 Old May 27th, 2007, 7:37 am

Im one of the 2 guys from Wal-mart parking lot

We rode from Lansing, MI. to Tn. and rode the tail of the dragon. Then off to myrtle beach. It was great to see another LT, I saw 3 other LTs besides ours. Lots of H-Ds on trailors. The motel parking lot where we stayed had several trailors parked in it.
All in all it was a fun time and a great ride on the LT. Caught some rain and hail in the mountains on the way home but overall the weather was real cooperative. It was nice meeting you and your wife, thanks for the conversation.
post #13 of 13 Old May 28th, 2007, 12:41 pm Thread Starter

Cool deal...Glad to hear that you guys had a breat trip with no breakdowns. It was great to see you two there! We had a great trip too. Sure was fun when it started raining--looked like ice out there. People sliding everywhere!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in