Not to sure about LT....Hmmm - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old May 16th, 2007, 11:02 pm Thread Starter

Not to sure about LT....Hmmm

I am close to purchasing a 02 LT however I am concerned with the rear end issues on these bikes. I am also not a avid tourer but like comfort when I do ride. I am wondering if the LT would suit me. I dont like any other bikes by BMW other than the LT. Now if a GW is a 1500 and the LT is a 1200 what makes the LT better? As stated in my other post, I think the LT is just a darn nice looking machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old May 16th, 2007, 11:16 pm

Thumbs up

Don't let the small percent of rear end failures deter you from enjoying a fine machine. Take a ride on both the LT and the GW. IMHO the LT is easier to ride in-town and in-traffic and definitely gets better gas mileage. A little top heavy at crawling speed, but easy to get use to. I've ridden with Wingers and the LT will hold it's own and sometimes set the standard.

AKA "Speedbump"

Past:
2000 RT
2003 LT
2007 GSA
2013 GS
Another 2007 GSA
2007 RTP
post #3 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 12:04 am

First of all the gw is an 1800, bigger the the honda civic motor and boy does it feel like it. Yes, the lt does have a higher center of gravity, but if you think about it, that is purely to your advantage. If I glued your feet to the ground and put a medicine ball between your feet, your knees and your hands you would have much more control over movement of the weight as it's position corresponded with your own center of gravity. Another way to put it is that if you have to make and evasive maneuver around another motorist or an aggressive one around a curve, you will have much more control over the bike with the bike that has it's mass closest to yours. The gw is lighter standing still but not on the move. I can't keep up with grandpa on his lt when I'm on grandpa's gw either no matter how I try, other than straight line low end torque the lt triumphs in all aspects.

Ghaison (Jason)
99 K1200RS Silver and Blue (Sold!)
2004 K1200LT FOR SALE!!!
Bluefield, VA
Sometimes you can get so fixated on the fact that you are right that you lose sight of the reality that it doesn't matter.
-some guy named Ghaison circa 2002

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 8:22 am

Don't think a lot, do your purchase, don't be confused, Jap Bikes are just bikes, K1200LT is a philosophy!

Lamps
Giulio
K 1200 LT / 03 Owner
Member of the italian " K1200LT Owners Group"
http://www.kog.it
post #5 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 8:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by settlep
I am close to purchasing a 02 LT however I am concerned with the rear end issues on these bikes. I am also not a avid tourer but like comfort when I do ride. I am wondering if the LT would suit me. I dont like any other bikes by BMW other than the LT. Now if a GW is a 1500 and the LT is a 1200 what makes the LT better? As stated in my other post, I think the LT is just a darn nice looking machine.

I have 90 thousand miles on my second final drive, my first one went to 50k miles

I change the lube in it with plain old GL-5 gear lube with every oil change at 6k miles apart

if the '02 is too low miles buy one wiht more miles, it has not sit around letting all condensation build up inside the slave cyl master cyls calipers, lube has been over the gears instead of sitting in the bottom of the tranny oletting the gears rust ect ect

IOW if hte bike has been sitting years RUN from it!

Tom
post #6 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 8:31 am

Talking High COG = Good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrovarious
First of all the gw is an 1800, bigger the the honda civic motor and boy does it feel like it. Yes, the lt does have a higher center of gravity, but if you think about it, that is purely to your advantage. If I glued your feet to the ground and put a medicine ball between your feet, your knees and your hands you would have much more control over movement of the weight as it's position corresponded with your own center of gravity. Another way to put it is that if you have to make and evasive maneuver around another motorist or an aggressive one around a curve, you will have much more control over the bike with the bike that has it's mass closest to yours. The gw is lighter standing still but not on the move. I can't keep up with grandpa on his lt when I'm on grandpa's gw either no matter how I try, other than straight line low end torque the lt triumphs in all aspects.

Well now I really have heard everything.

EZ-RDR55
The opinions expressed herein are mine, and do not represent that of any other humanoid past, present or future on this or any other planet.

'95 H-D FXDWG
'06 Honda CRF250X
'04 KTM 450EXC
'97 Honda XR-600R
'04 K1200LT (Sold)
'07 K1200GT (Sold)
'09 Wee-Strom DL-650ABS
post #7 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 8:58 am

If you go with the LT and it's out of warranty, you better budget ~$2000/yr for maintainence issues.
If you're not really into long distance riding, go with something simpler and easier to work on, that doesn't have major items short circuit randomly, or simple seal repairs that require the entire motorcycle to be torn down to the frame to fix. Also, keep in mind how few and far between our dealers are BEFORE you have to deal with 4 hour round trips just to get service work done. You might want to check into whether or not your chosen dealer has a pickup service for you.

HTH

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #8 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 10:09 am

Unhappy Man!

Holy cow Kevin!

Not making a newbie like me feel real confident in my recent purchase...
Should i be thinking of selling this money pit off and running!?!

BMWMOA #132765
2007 K1200LT Storm Gray Metallic
2003 F650GS Dakar

"Yoroshiku onegai shimasu"
post #9 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 10:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_rdr55
Well now I really have heard everything.
He's absolutely right. A bike at speed turns by leaning. Move the center of gravity low enough, and the bike resists leaning, hence resists turning. Raise the center of gravity and the bike turns easier. On the other hand, slow speed parking lot maneuvers don't require leaning and so are easier on a bike that tries to keep itself upright.

Regards,
-joel
post #10 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 10:22 am

Hey, don't be mad at ME, I'M the one who should be pissed! I'm speaking from experience as the LT has repeatedly let me down.
(It's in the shop right now getting another warranty item replaced)

post #11 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 11:16 am

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog
He's absolutely right. A bike at speed turns by leaning. Move the center of gravity low enough, and the bike resists leaning, hence resists turning. Raise the center of gravity and the bike turns easier. On the other hand, slow speed parking lot maneuvers don't require leaning and so are easier on a bike that tries to keep itself upright.

Regards,
-joel
Thanks Joe,
I think people like the fact that it's nearly impossible to tip a gw at speed something I see as a disadvantage not an advantage. The laws of physics prevail again

Ghaison (Jason)
99 K1200RS Silver and Blue (Sold!)
2004 K1200LT FOR SALE!!!
Bluefield, VA
Sometimes you can get so fixated on the fact that you are right that you lose sight of the reality that it doesn't matter.
-some guy named Ghaison circa 2002

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 11:30 am

I bought my '01 last year with 9,000 miles on it, and went with an extended warranty through 2011. That being said, I now have some peace of mind... I have lamost 10,000 more miles on her, completely trouble free.

LT costs more to maintain. If you can name me ANY German performance vehicle that costs less than a Japanese model to maintain, please name that vehicle.

If you're going to ride the super slab, Wing is the way to go, no question. If you're going to ride fun (twisty) roads, the LT hands down wins this one.

The key is to get a warranty, if you don't want to worry.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #13 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 11:39 am

Question Warranty eh?

Is this a factory extended warranty Brian?
May I ask how much that cost?
When can you/do you have to get this extended warranty?

BMWMOA #132765
2007 K1200LT Storm Gray Metallic
2003 F650GS Dakar

"Yoroshiku onegai shimasu"
post #14 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 12:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobunaga
Is this a factory extended warranty Brian?
May I ask how much that cost?
When can you/do you have to get this extended warranty?
I can't recall who the company is (it's a national company). I bought mine at a BMW Dealer, and they offered it for about $500.00, I believe. I am on a non-riding trip now, so I don't have the name. If you bought yours private-party, you may not be able to get one. If you bought one at a dealer, they probably would have offered.

Got my '01 last year when I went in to look at new LT's, and went "holy cow" at the price (about $26k in CA, out the door). Did some research and found out that resale drops faster than some politicians' approval rating! They had mine there with 9,000 on the odo, and $10,000.00, so I bit.

I know that BMW's (cars AND motorcycles) cost a bit more than a few pennies when something goes wrong, so I went with the warranty.

I haven't had any problems at all, and LOVE the bike. My wife can stay on it all day, with no complaints. The picture below is after 600 miles (another 100 to go)!

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #15 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 1:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog

Regards,
-joel
+1 on what Joel said!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #16 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 4:11 pm

High COG in the real world

And what happens when you're all leaned over in a corner with a high COG and you hit a bump, oil, sand or something? Why does Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki spend millions of dollars engineering their race bikes to lower the COG?
Handling is improved as the COG is lower.

EZ-RDR55
The opinions expressed herein are mine, and do not represent that of any other humanoid past, present or future on this or any other planet.

'95 H-D FXDWG
'06 Honda CRF250X
'04 KTM 450EXC
'97 Honda XR-600R
'04 K1200LT (Sold)
'07 K1200GT (Sold)
'09 Wee-Strom DL-650ABS
post #17 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 5:51 pm

I was talking to a mechanic from the BMW place and he pointed out that the gas tank is lower around the frame to lower the COG of the LT. There is a fine line of too low or too high and depend of the type of riding that you want and there benefits in both. A happy medium is the best and that is the goal of performance group. Comfort in stretches GW, Twistees LT, why COG, is what is your pressure. Now a car is different, you do not lean in corners with a car and if you do, check your shocks All good points drive what you love and I am happy with my 07 and have no problems with almost 7000 miles

BMW K1200GT 2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic (Atlas)
BMWMOA # 130458

HD FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2008 Suede Blue & V. Black(hers)
post #18 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 5:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
If you go with the LT and it's out of warranty, you better budget ~$2000/yr for maintenance issues.
HTH
I have to strongly disagree. I am no big fan of the LT when it comes to maintenance, but I think that budgeting 2K a year for maintenance is ridiculous. Yeah, there is a few repairs that can cost that much, but they are far and few between, and certainly not every year.

If your handy,or willing to pay the dealer, there is a few things that you can do to cut your chances of having the LT bite you with a big repair. Probably the most important is the slave cylinder drain modification. Also, make sure you do your scheduled maintenance.
post #19 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 6:40 pm

Nothing makes one better than the other.

Fortunately, it is easy to set up a demo rdie for an LT.
Test ride a GW, and see which one suites your needs best.
Heck--test ride an HD too.
Bob
post #20 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 8:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_BMW
I have to strongly disagree. I am no big fan of the LT when it comes to maintenance, but I think that budgeting 2K a year for maintenance is ridiculous. .

no it is nopt, it all depends on how manymiles a year you put on your bikes

I wish we only had 2k a year in maintence costs on the bike
post #21 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 9:03 pm

snif snif money pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobunaga
Holy cow Kevin!

Not making a newbie like me feel real confident in my recent purchase...
Should i be thinking of selling this money pit off and running!?!

it can be a money pit, and it may not be one,

The biggest reason for large expenses is the miles

once in a while someone has major issue that costs some large bucks sure, BUT
WHAT DAMN "BRAND DOES THAT NOT HAPPEN TO?

a few of the folks here have serious miles on the lt, hell a few have a ton more than I do on a LT!! ask them what the overall feeling is about the lt.

I have a 140k on my '02 K1200Lt that I bought new august 17 2002 and next week I do a 2 day 2037 mile run to Las Vegas, stay there ONE day! ride with a friend of mine from Nova Scotia that is renting a bike for ONE DAY day, then leave the next morning and be home in 2 days and another 2037 miles I bet we ride 300-500 miles saturday so that will be roughly just under 4500 miles in 5 days.

Then when I get back home I leave two days later to ride almost 900 miles right back to Texas to be there 2 days for a family reunion pick my daughter up and ride her back the almost 900 miles home.

Yea I'm real worried about the dependability of my K1200LT

Tom
post #22 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 9:45 pm

I really don't know why a couple of you guys are getting so worked up about the FACTS of my experience?? Look, I'm not saying that there's something wrong with YOU, I'm saying that the LT is an expensive bike to own. I have NEVER had a worse experience with a vehicle, car, motorcycle or otherwise, than I have had with my LT.
So far, just the breakdowns are:
Radio - Replaced under warranty (RUW)
Fuel QD's - RUW
Rear brake rotor - RUW
Rear main seal - RUW
Input shaft seal - RUW
Shift Linkage - RUW
Ground cable / Power cable - RUW
Main ABS control module (in shop now) - RUW
And I'm not going off on a tangent about the fact that I could have been burned alive from the fuel leak (atomized fuel is the BEST accelerant...), or the fun night I had on the side of the road in the dark trying to get the bike shifted into 3rd so I could limp home (BTW thanks to the tips from this site, I knew what to do )
I'm not going to go into the leaking oil down onto my rear tire and all the fun that could have caused...
I've had the clutch slip under hard acceleration, which hopefully doesn't mean I'm about to have to replace that dang thing too. But it is a sad testamony to a poor design.
Don't forget that the stock seat is a POS.
Don't forget that the stock lighting sucks, although I do tend to think there are some BMW riders who go a leeetle overboard with the whole accessory lighting deal....but it does need to be addressed right from the word go.
OH and I almost forgot, don't forget to budget for aftermarket shocks around 20k miles ($1400). And subsequently ever 25k miles thereafter.
I'm not going to get into the 6k mile front tires, or the $1500 services at the 24k mark, or the $600 "annual" service etc. etc. Those are ridiculous and we all know it. I mean, come on, all the plastic AND the gas tank off just to change the air filter...... Pashaw.
I'm also not going to go on and on about the twelve freaking thousand dollars the bike has depreciated in 3 years.

Please keep in mind I have 17k miles on my bike. If you think my experience is acceptable, then please, give me your credit card number as I have a really nice bridge to sell you..... seriously.
The guy asked for my opinion and I'm not sugar coating it is all.

Last edited by KMC1; May 17th, 2007 at 9:47 pm. Reason: Shocks
post #23 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 10:19 pm

LT's RULE!!! Wingers are not even in the same league!I rode the other weekend for 7 hours straight no problem, I have 60k miles on my 01 with NO PROBLEMS, I do maintain it myself.
My bike sits in front of my shop every day and you can Imagen the conversation it stirs!
post #24 of 30 Old May 17th, 2007, 11:20 pm

connecticut doesn't have a lemon law? Sounds like your bike literally fell off the back of a truck on the way to the dealership. I understand why you're upset.

Fact is, the most fun car I ever had was an Audi Fox (1978). Flat out fun to drive. But it ruined at least three trips in my life through breakdowns. However, the good memories of driving down the Garden State Parkway, tossing quarters at the toll booths while in third gear, made it all worthwhile. I am prepared to have the same ups and downs with my LT. But so far it's just been ups.

I was at a Honda/Kawasaki/etc/etc/etc store today and stopped by the GWs. A salesman came over to sell it to me. I told him I was driving an LT and he gave me this vacant look and mentioned that he'd heard that it's COG was too low! Then he said he was new there and didn't really know much about "big bikes". That's just the kind of salesperson I don't want while looking at a $$$$ investment. BMW stores might be far and few, but if the one near me is any indication, they know what they're talking about.
post #25 of 30 Old May 18th, 2007, 6:46 am

I bought my 99LT last year with 15K on the odo. I put on 5K so far and have had no problems. I run 87-89 gas with no problems and average 45 mpg. I admit that I am not an aggressive rider but then again, I am not an aggressive driver in my cages.

I have had problems with vehicles in the past and have sworn off the brand (Ford). Is it fair to the brand, probably not, but it's the way I feel. If you don't like the brand, get rid of it, it's your right. If you're not getting rid of it, get over it and move on.

The LT is the best riding bike I have ever been on period. I commute on it, travel on it and LOVE IT! So does my wife. I fine it comfortable and do not have custom seats. I guess i'm just not that discerning. I don't have a 60" flat screen HDTV, a media room, a wine cellar and my kids went to public school for their education. We're all fine. RIDE IT OR GET RID OF IT!!!

end of rant - thanks.

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #26 of 30 Old May 18th, 2007, 6:47 am

Quote:
I really don't know why a couple of you guys are getting so worked up about the FACTS of my experience?? Look, I'm not saying that there's something wrong with YOU, I'm saying that the LT is an expensive bike to own. I have NEVER had a worse experience with a vehicle, car, motorcycle or otherwise, than I have had with my LT.
Fuel QD's - RUW
Rear brake rotor - RUW
Rear main seal - RUW
Input shaft seal - RUW
Shift Linkage - RUW
And I'm not going off on a tangent about the fact that I could have been burned alive from the fuel leak (atomized fuel is the BEST accelerant...), or the fun night I had on the side of the road in the dark trying to get the bike shifted into 3rd so I could limp home (BTW thanks to the tips from this site, I knew what to do )
I'm not going to go into the leaking oil down onto my rear tire and all the fun that could have caused...
I've had the clutch slip under hard acceleration, which hopefully doesn't mean I'm about to have to replace that dang thing too. But it is a sad testamony to a poor design.
Don't forget that the stock lighting sucks, although I do tend to think there are some BMW riders who go a leeetle overboard with the whole accessory lighting deal....but it does need to be addressed right from the word go.
OH and I almost forgot, don't forget to budget for aftermarket shocks around 20k miles ($1400). And subsequently ever 25k miles thereafter.
I'm not going to get into the 6k mile front tires, or the $1500 services at the 24k mark, or the $600 "annual" service etc. etc. Those are ridiculous and we all know it. I mean, come on, all the plastic AND the gas tank off just to change the air filter...... Pashaw.
I'm also not going to go on and on about the twelve freaking thousand dollars the bike has depreciated in 3 years.

Please keep in mind I have 17k miles on my bike. If you think my experience is acceptable, then please, give me your credit card number as I have a really nice bridge to sell you..... seriously.
heck at 17kmiles that whole bike should still be under warranty! it should not have cost you a dime to fix any of that

I will say - I see your argument, so sell it and buy something else, heck I darn near did the same thing.

I am saying is it is only a few bikes not every single damn one of them. I'm surprised there is one LT owner on this site or anywhere listening to the complaints of this bike here.

and yes I complained myself

and BTW your clutch slipping? well it is either because you have a oil leak, or a slave cyl that leaked all over it.

Or you you have ruined it! 17k and it's slipping? come on! something caused it! it should darn sure be under warranty! my clutch has 90k miles on it now! I replaced the first one when the tranny was out at 50k for a oil leak.

and IMHO your getting rapped as your costs on maintence is higher than what I ever paid even getting ripped by the famous centtral FL dealer networks that think they have a right to charge higher prices than ANY auto delaer even friggen PORSCHE! or JAg techs!

all I'm saying is , the lt is not as bad as we hear on this list and I wanted to show you can get 140k miles on one

Last edited by tmgs; May 18th, 2007 at 6:55 am.
post #27 of 30 Old May 18th, 2007, 8:00 am

Omfg

Quote:
Fuel QD's - RUW
Rear brake rotor - RUW
Rear main seal - RUW
Input shaft seal - RUW
Shift Linkage - RUW

And I thought my LT had some issues. I stand corrected. Even IF all this $hit is fixed under warranty: 1) you still have all that down time and the aggravation 2) parts replaced with the same old OEM POS.
If it were me Iíd sell it and never even look at another BMW.

EZ-RDR55

'95 H-D FXDWG
'06 Honda CRF250X
'04 KTM 450EXC
'97 Honda XR-600R
'04 K1200LT (Sold)
'07 K1200GT (Sold)
'09 Wee-Strom DL-650ABS
post #28 of 30 Old May 18th, 2007, 8:42 am

Greetings.

Please, stop stuffing around and just buy one will you.

Sorry, I've had a bad day.

Kindest regards.

Paul
AU

E: [email protected]

1999 K1200LT Champagne "Bismarck"
1983 base K100 "Bavarian Belle"
post #29 of 30 Old May 18th, 2007, 9:11 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_rdr55
And I thought my LT had some issues. I stand corrected. Even IF all this $hit is fixed under warranty: 1) you still have all that down time and the aggravation 2) parts replaced with the same old OEM POS.
If it were me Iíd sell it and never even look at another BMW.
You know, this is a really good point. Mostly all the items have been fixed under warranty so far (of course I also just had to buy a $1700 extended as I don't trust the bike because of it's record) so it's really not so much the money. And if you go back and read what I wrote I said if you're getting an LT that does't have a warranty, budget $2k a yr, because he's looking at used bikes. Here in CT we only have about 5 or 6 months a year that are decent riding, I know I must be whining again to mention, that when it snows, I generally don't take my LT out for a spin.......so when I lose a month for repair work, it sucks. When I've lost several months, it really sucks.

I would also say to the one or two who have taken my review of my time with my LT personally, that instead of yelling "Don't like it, sell it!" that you're missing my point entirely. Do you think it's fair to just post on how wonderful the LT is and how it never breaks down, and how the dealers are on every corner so don't worry about getting stuck somewhere 6 hours from the nearest dealer, etc etc etc. Or do you think, that since the guy is looking for some advice before he makes the decision to buy or not, we should all chime in with our experiences (good and bad) to help him decide??? And I REALLY got a chuckle out of being told the clutch slipping obviously must be MY fault.... gee, you don't work for a dealer do you??? It's not my slave leaking as I just pulled it this winter to drill the weep hole, you know, to fix a problem that obviously doesn't exist.... But now I know the clutch is a weak design, so I am careful to not accelerate hard from a stop, don't hear too many HD and GW riders saying that now, do you? And you know what, if the bike actually held it's resale value at all, I probably would consider selling it, but unfortunately since I've already pissed $12k out the window in depreciation, and I really need to buy more whine for the whine cellar and I really need to get the kids out of public schools... I guess I'll just hold onto it at least through the period of the extended.

Are you so vested into the BRAND that you honestly don't care about the quality of the bikes? It's not a reflection on you that I've had a tough time with mine, but wouldn't you think we would all stick together and not tolerate poor quality, be for one of us, or for all of us, rather than shouting "don't like it, leave"? If that's your attitude then you really don't exemplify what riding motorcycles is all about, in my honest opinion.

Kevin

post #30 of 30 Old May 18th, 2007, 10:10 am

I feel your pain

I was so excited when I bought my 04 LT. 5 months old, only 1500 miles, $6K off list. 2.5 years of warranty (what a sick joke that turned out to be) left! I had heard so much about the brand from the guys (Hans and Franz) in my group. I liked the way it looked, the heated grips/seat, the electrically adjustable windshield, four valve motor, etc. better than the Wing. Now I have a love/hate relationship with the BBB (big black bitch). I love the thing when its right, but hate the fact that I have to fix someone elseís FN mistakes because they refuse to, and that goes for both the stealer, BMWNA and the factory. I have been a mechanical engineer designing machines for 30 years. Yes, I know everything thatís mechanical eventually breaks down, but reallyÖ
If it were not for this forum and being able to fix it myself with ďindustrial gradeĒ parts I would have had to get rid of it almost immediately after I bought it. Iíve been lucky in away, most of the $hit has happened close to home, and Iíve been able to MacGyver the thing and limp home.
To sum it up: not exactly what I expected.

EZ-RDR55

'95 H-D FXDWG
'06 Honda CRF250X
'04 KTM 450EXC
'97 Honda XR-600R
'04 K1200LT (Sold)
'07 K1200GT (Sold)
'09 Wee-Strom DL-650ABS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in