Cee Bailys windshield - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old May 15th, 2007, 8:59 am Thread Starter

Cee Bailys windshield

I am 6"1" what is the consensus on the correct size of Cee Bailey's windshield and do you recommend the #2 or the #1 style?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old May 15th, 2007, 9:19 am

Steve,

I am a little over 6' and have a #2 -3. Cee Baileys measurements are a little funky, but this height lets me look over the shield with very little buffeting in the down position. With it up a couple of inches, the airflow is thrown completly over your head.

There are numerous posts on the board and in the archive describing the differnces in the measurements between stock and Cee Baileys. Check it out, get out the tape measure, and you'll be in business in no time.

HTH,

Brett

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'!

2003 BMW K1200LTC "El Gato Grande"
1993 Suzuki GSXR1100W
1978 Suzuki GS1000C 'Project'
post #3 of 9 Old May 15th, 2007, 11:48 am

In addition to style and height, you also have to decide whether you want the windshield "with wings". Kind of like buying feminine hygiene products.

I have seem more Style #2 windshields, of course, I may have seen some Style 1 shields and mistaken them for stock.

Some riders have suggested that the wings are not so good for those of us in the sunny South, unless you want to swap to a stock or shorter shield for Summer riding.

I've not had a chance to ride behind any of the aftermarket shields myself.

post #4 of 9 Old May 15th, 2007, 2:40 pm

6 ft. tall, running #2-4 w/wings lite smoke. #2-2 was to tall. I would do it again, lite smoke, #2-3 w/wings. My 2 cents.
post #5 of 9 Old May 16th, 2007, 8:39 am

I am 6ft 1, sit straight and tall in saddle, 32 leg inseam, I choose the #2 without wings. -1. this low enough to see over but cuts down buffeting for pass but still get some wind over top all the way down and yet goes high enough in rain to hide behind. -2 would be equal to stock height, the flip at the top adds a little bit. have only had it for a month and have not ridin in rain yet. I wanted mine a little bit higher for buffeting control but i wanted to see over. I feel if you ride in a lot of rain or commute the wings might be an advantage, if you are a fair weather rider not need i feel, just my opinion
darcy
post #6 of 9 Old May 16th, 2007, 9:44 am

I am 5'9" with 31 inch inseam. I had a #2 with wings, and a -2. I couldn't quite see over it in the down position, but the air flow was good. I got a -4 with wings, and now I can see over it fine, and the wind control for me is good. BUT, my wife says there is too much wind for her, esp when it is down. If I had to do it again, I would get the -3. My opinion only.
post #7 of 9 Old May 16th, 2007, 2:30 pm
Hog

6.0' 34 inseam #2 -4 no wings perfect for me,and my SO. The wings create a lot of drag. Dave
post #8 of 9 Old May 16th, 2007, 3:09 pm
Cat Herder

Garage
Exclamation

Just returned my #2 -2... I loved the air flow, but the wind buffeting on my helmet was really annoying (Nolan 102) and pounded my ears.(with earplugs in)

CB sent me a #1 Stock OEM for free... Just got it a few days ago and haven't had a chance to put it on yet... bike is in for another 12K service.

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 Old May 16th, 2007, 11:15 pm

How about Euro (squared off top) or standard cut (rounded top)?

6'1" 34" inseam. I am thinking about the #2 -3 Euro cut.

Mike M

2007 K1200GT Dark Graphite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in