Key Fob Light question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old May 13th, 2007, 11:11 pm Thread Starter

Key Fob Light question

I put a new battery in my key fob and now the light on the fob stays on....What do I need to do????

Airborne "Never Forget"
Vonore, TN

2003 LT-E "HLZ BNZ"
2004 Rune "PNS EXTN"
1970 ZA-50 "JR"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old May 14th, 2007, 12:14 am

Pull it apart and make sure the rubber isn't pinched. Sounds like you may have a switch locked 'on. Also - it could be that the fob is in 'new battery, time to re-synch' mode. Push a button. If the red light goes out, that was it.

So, now, if it didn't 'synchronize up' proper like an all polite, while in proximity to the bike, push both buttons on the fob and hold them for about 10 seconds. You'll know when it's right by the bike's reaction.

(yea, just went through this past couple of days here)

Tate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #3 of 4 Old May 14th, 2007, 9:59 am
Gold Supporter

Battery???

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #4 of 4 Old May 14th, 2007, 11:46 pm

OK, I was almost right - not quite. Here's the 'official' right from the "Operating Instructions" for the "Anti-theft alarm system with immobilizer and radio remote control"

paraphrased, since I don't have the pictures with numbers an such.

1 - unscrew the screw and remove the lower section of the housing
2 - push the old battery out from under the bracket and install the new battery with positive facing upwards, towards the bracket. Also notice the bracket has 2 'wings' that push down on to the battery. make sure there is sufficient 'spring' in them to make good contact
3 - re-assemble the fob. Notice the red LED lights and stays lit. the remote must be resynchronized.
4 - within range of the bike's receiver, push the 'Left' button twice, rapidly. The LED on the fob will begin to blink. After a few seconds it'll go out. Done.

Battery type is a Lithium CR2032

Now, if by chance the buttons get pushed while out of range of the bike. Then bring it within range, push and hold both buttons for 10 seconds. You'll see when it 'gets it'.

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in