BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Just an FYI in posting.

879 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  was 
#1 ·
Howdy, Folks - just a leetle clue to make thangs run a leetle smoother and 'maybe' generate some helpful responses, in lieu of silence!! ;) :D

I've noticed several threads that were started with questions pertaining to specific features or problems or 'whazzups', with regard to the LT. However, there wuz no mention of the LT's model year. This is prolly not a problem with most of the wrenching gurus that live around here, butt like in my case, I know ole Toad and maybe the next coupla versions after (Toad is a '99), butt I don't know from nuttin' about the more recent model years. Soooo - if I don't get a clue as to model year from the poster's question in the post, I tend to leave it alone, not muddy up the waters with a wrong application/answer; and wait for the gurus that show up. If I knew it pertained to a '99, I 'might' have an answer and am more than willing to toss it out.

Thaz just me, folks - my ante in the pot so I can play the hand. I like giving 'good' help, when I can. Hope y'all do too.

Best Regards, all.

#3 ·
Good point, sir. And while we're at it, let's remind our newer members to add some details to their profile so we know where they are. It helps in several ways.

#4 ·
Another idea here, add the year of your bike to your signature line.

#5 ·
+1, Dick. Also, if it's a request for advice about a particular problem, it is useful to know the details - mileage, general condition and performance of the bike before the problem appeared, any changes to the bike before the problem appeared, complete info on symptoms, condition, and performance of the bike after the problem appeared.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.