BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Question on ZTechnik Rack

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MrB 
#1 ·
Just purchased a ZTechnik Rack for my K1200LT.

I have two questions, any advice in drilling the holes for the rack itself? I did notice the patter does not match the rack.

Second I did plug the rack into the pigtail in the trunk and I do not have any lights on the rack, tail or stop. I thought it was a plug and play, any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Pattern

The Bolts go in at an angle - might explain the pattern not matching the rack. I drilled holes without a pattern - someone on this forum had suggested to drill holes inside of what one would think to do. It worked!

Someone else will have to answer the lighting question

#3 ·
I assume you have read the similar threads below, got out your volt/ohm meter, and are all set. By the way, the bike supplied power is for the brake light only. Good luck.

#4 ·
The pattern has to be cut out and taped down to the lid of the top case in a very specific order.. If you do it correctly the holes will be correct..

Just take your time and follow the instructions...

John

#5 ·
Rack

I installed the rack about a month ago. I cut out the pattern and taped it exactly as described in the directions, but it did not fit properly. When I positioned it at the crease in the pattern the holes were too close to the trunk vinyl. After trying sever times to tape the as described in the directions, I moved the pattern towards the rear about 3/4 of an inch.

I drilled the holes using a hole saw and the legs of the rack went in place perfectly. I did not have to force the legs in as has been described in some posts.

I plugged the rack in, applied the brake and the light worked.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.