WOW!! What a ride, What a bike - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Apr 20th, 2007, 3:05 pm Thread Starter
ajs

WOW!! What a ride, What a bike

Just got back from my first ride of the new season. Didn't know how the bike would perform after spending most of the winter doing things to it under the 24,000 mile routines. The most important from a performance standpoint was the readjustment of 11 valves, new air and gas filters and changing the drivetrain fluids. The bike worked great last year before the work was done. I didn't expect to see all that much of an improvement. What a machine she had noticeably more power, was quicker on the throttle, better down shifting control, tucked into the turns and pulled out of them real well. The best ride I ever had on it I am really looking forward to the season.

On the downside the OBC readings are off and the EHCS is not working. I would expect the OBC to be inaccurate after all the work I did. The ECHS is another question. Except for routine cleaning and lubricating, I wasn't working on it at all. Any suggestions.

Overall though it was a great result from all the winter work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Apr 20th, 2007, 4:42 pm

First Ride

Had my bide out today also after having the 24K service done. The only thing different I did to the bike over the winter was put a K & N air filter on it. My ABS brakes are now working after flushing the complete braking system including the modulator. Put 100 miles on it after work. Bike worked like a clock. Austin give me a call on your way through Fredericton. We can have a coffee and chat about your cross Canada trip.
post #3 of 5 Old Apr 20th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Sounds silly... but did you change any bulbs?

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old Apr 20th, 2007, 5:50 pm Thread Starter
ajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
Sounds silly... but did you change any bulbs?
Changed both Hi and Lo beams to HID, changed L & R front signals to LED 1157's, changed L & R rear running and brake lights to LED 1157's, changed ground illumination lights to LED's and added my own version of the Wings of Gold to work off the front signals using 2 bayonet base 3 light LED's in each one. I also added 6 LED's to each of the red reflective strips on the side bags to work off the rear signals. As well, I changed the PIAA 1100's from being slaved with the Hi beam over to the Lo beam..... Yeah, I changed a few.
post #5 of 5 Old Apr 20th, 2007, 6:05 pm Thread Starter
ajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper11
Had my bide out today also after having the 24K service done. The only thing different I did to the bike over the winter was put a K & N air filter on it. My ABS brakes are now working after flushing the complete braking system including the modulator. Put 100 miles on it after work. Bike worked like a clock. Austin give me a call on your way through Fredericton. We can have a coffee and chat about your cross Canada trip.
We will be leaving Amherst on Saturday June 1 with 4 other bikes and probably crossing into the US at Calais and heading to in Lake George N Y from there. Marsha and I will not be taking in any of . We will heading straight back across the border into Ontario or Manitoba on our way to B C.

When we return we will be travelling exclusively in Canada except that we are planning to take in the BMWMOA rally in Wisconsin in July if our timing works out. That will be across into the US from Manitoba and back into Canada by way of Manitoba or Ontario. We will then be exclusively in Canada for the rest of the return trip including through Fredericton.

I don't have your phone number, PM it to me if you like, and we will try to hook up on the return trip. As well, I/we may be in your area before we leave on the trip, if so I will contact you.

I will PM my phone number to you in case you are in this area and we can hook up for a coffee oe some such.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in