Hey Daddy, what are all those pretty colors for? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Oct 1st, 2005, 11:36 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

Hey Daddy, what are all those pretty colors for?

You might have noticed that certain users have different color designators. These colors designate the user types in the new system. Some color designate Site Supporters and others designate the moderators and admins. Here is the list of color codes:

Donor and Vendor Donor Color Codes

Registered User - Blue (standard link color)
Basic Level Donors - bold Black
Standard Level Donors bold Blue
Gold Level Donors - bold Gold
Platinum Level Donors - bold Slate Gray
Standard Vendors - bold Light Purple
Premium Vendors - bold Dark Purple

You can support the site by using the Donate link at the bottom of every page. Currently, Gold and Platinum level supporters will get the added feature of changing their user title when editing their profile.

BTW, if you have donated in the past few months, I will be working very hard to get that information manually entered so you should start to show up with the correct color code. If after a week or so you don't see your color code updated, please send an email to [email protected]

Other Color Codes

Moderator - bold Green
Super Moderator - bold Dark Green
Administrator - bold Red

Last edited by eljeffe; Oct 1st, 2005 at 3:03 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Oct 1st, 2005, 1:58 pm

Thank God I am color blind. You will all look equal to me
post #3 of 14 Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 11:25 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
BTW, if you have donated in the past few months, I will be working very hard to get that information manually entered so you should start to show up with the correct color code. If after a week or so you don't see your color code updated, please send an email to [email protected]
I have gone through the records and have updated the paid subscription records to reflect donations made in 2005. If I missed your name, please send me a PM or email me at [email protected]. Also, if you donated by mail, and your name is in color, let me know.

If you want to donate, please feel free to click on the Donate link at the bottom of every page.

post #4 of 14 Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 10:14 pm

Colored circles

Jeff,

What to the colored circles following our screen names mean? So far, I've seen blue and green.

Dick Wood
2014 R1200RTW Quartz Blue Metallic
Previous2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic K1200GT
Previous 2002 Toscana Green LTE
Previous 1995 HD FXDL
IBA #7393

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 10:21 pm

Thumbs up Coloured circles...

Hi Dick,
The green indicates that the member is 'on-line', the blue/grey that they are 'off-line'.. If you move your mouse cursor over the top it may give you a box with an explanation...

Cheers mate!

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #6 of 14 Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 11:40 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

My Color Changed! What happened?

There are a few reasons why the color of your username might change.
  1. Your user class changed - if you recently were made a moderator, super moderator, or administrator, the color of your username will change from whatever you were before to the color of the user class that you are now.
  2. You have made a donation to the site via the paid subscriptions feature. If your username has changed color immediately following a donation, it is because our user donations will denote BASIC, STANDARD, GOLD, OR PLATINUM levels. Also, if you mailed your donation, your username color will change when your donation is manually noted in the system.
  3. Your current donation subscription has expired. We designate a one-year time clock on donations. For the period which your subscription is active, your username will reflect that color. If during that period, you change your donation level (up or down), the color or your username will change accordingly.
post #7 of 14 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 1:11 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Is the one-year time clock based on the calendar year, or from date of donation?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #8 of 14 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 7:20 am

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
If during that period, you change your donation level (up or down), the color or your username will change accordingly. [/list]
I probably won't access every day - since we can change the donation level up and down, is there any way to automatically adjust? For example, most weeks I'll visit the site three times a week - but sometimes I'll go a whole week or two without visiting - you know, summer vacation or some such.

Hmmm. Instead of 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, I'll probably visit 3 days a week, 50 weeks out of the year. Will this automatically extend my exalted status for 2.42667 years? Or will I need to send an email to a moderator every time I visit?

snicker snicker snicker.
post #9 of 14 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:52 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

Date of donation
post #10 of 14 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:53 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbrew
snicker snicker snicker.
ROTFLMAO
post #11 of 14 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 1:47 pm

Smile Reputation

Ok, ok, I got the colors down. So, how did I get a reputation? What's the difference between a "distinguished road" and "infamous around these parts"? Just curious, don't what to get the reputation of PIA.

Dick Wood
2014 R1200RTW Quartz Blue Metallic
Previous2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic K1200GT
Previous 2002 Toscana Green LTE
Previous 1995 HD FXDL
IBA #7393

post #12 of 14 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 2:58 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

From the manual:

Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content.

Register Date Factor
The number of reputation points that a user is able to give or take is dependant on several factors, with the length they have been registered as one of them. A user's power is first initialized at 1 and then this factor and the factors that follow are used to increase it. For example if you set this to 365, every 365 days that the user has been a member of your forum, they would gain one point. So if they have been a member for five years, they would gain 5 points of power for a total of 6.

Post Count Factor
The amount of posts that a user has can also affect their reputation power. Set this to number of posts that you want to award one point for. For example, set this to 50 and for a user with 500 posts, they would gain 10 points of power.

Reputation Point Factor
The users current reputation score can also affect their reputation power. Set this to 100 and a user with a reputation of 1000 would gain 10 points of reputation power. If you set any of the power factors to 0, that will effectively remove that factor from having an effect on the user's reputation power.

Minimum Post Count
If the reputation system is enabled, anyone will be able to rate a post but only users with a post count above the level you set here will be able to actually give points or take points from another user.

Minimum Reputation Count
As with the post count above, a user must have a reputation above this level to be able to give or take points from another user's score.

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit
This sets how many unique members that a forum user will be able to rate in any 24 hour period. Administrators can rate as many people as they wish.

Reputation User Spread
This setting dictates how many unique members that a user must rate before they are able to rate the same member twice. The goal of this setting is to stop a member from either artificially bumping or dropping a user by repeatedly rating their posts.
post #13 of 14 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 5:47 pm

Is there a way to deduct reputation points for a posts per day avg above, say.......7 or 8?

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #14 of 14 Old Oct 12th, 2005, 7:29 am

I'd be interested in knowing that answer myself. Too many dirty floors around here.

Bill McAllister
St. Louis, MO.
2003 K1200LTE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in