Speakers & audio override settings question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Feb 12th, 2007, 2:09 pm Thread Starter

Speakers & audio override settings question

I don't have a rider often enough to get the correct settings to make it so when either the rider or passenger talks. the music is muted. The settings are from 1 to 10. Set at 10, the rider/passenger audio doesn't work at all. At one, the slightest noise causes an override on the music and neither rider or passenger can still communicate. The 5 position is no better. There must be some combination of speaker/microphone setting that makes the system work fine but, I can't seem to find those settings. Help?

By the way, this is the newest system for a 2006 K1200.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Feb 12th, 2007, 4:00 pm

This works for us

I also have an '06 with Voice II and am less than thrilled with the intercom. We have not yet settled on the "perfect" combination, but what currently works for us is to have the VOX setting on both mikes set to 2. This avoids having to yell to activate the mike but does not seem to open it un-necessarily. We currently set the speaker volume at 5 or 6. We use full face helmets and the settings for other types will likely be different. I currently have the volume step set a 2 but have not yet decided if this is best.

Rant mode on: The thing that annoys me most is that there is no tone adjustment for the helmet speakers. You are forced to buy the very expensive J&M headsets and then cannot adjust the music sound to take advantage of them! I find that I have to have both the main speakers and the headset active at the same time to get any bass response. I'd really prefer not to have to do this. End of rant.

Jim
post #3 of 3 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 7:54 am Thread Starter

Thanks Jim, I'll try your settings.

Lee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in