Is Mauve a Feminine Color? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 4:53 pm Thread Starter

Question Is Mauve a Feminine Color?

I have to ask because I'm considering buying a 2002 Mauve LT. All of my Harley riding friends laugh and say it's purple when I show them a picture of it while all of the women I ask like it. Including my SO.

The bike itself is exactly what I'm looking for; low mileage, excellent condition, all the goodies that come on the Elite model, right price. But the color I have second thoughts about.

So I put it to you, the esteemed LT forum members. Would you ride a mauve LT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 5:00 pm

Would you

I do - but they are the fastest ;-)

Graham Wintersgill
On the bonnnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond

2001 K1200LT

1995 K75RT now deceased
post #3 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 5:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFlossTycoon
I have to ask because I'm considering buying a 2002 Mauve LT. All of my Harley riding friends laugh and say it's purple when I show them a picture of it while all of the women I ask like it. Including my SO.

The bike itself is exactly what I'm looking for; low mileage, excellent condition, all the goodies that come on the Elite model, right price. But the color I have second thoughts about.

I would. Take a gander at the statistics page of CCR and see how few Mauve Metallics are listed versus Grays and Reds, etc. Easy to spot your bike among the rest!! 'Sides, they go with the Mary Kay pink, which you don't see many of either!!!

Seriously, if the bike you're looking at has all the other features and is in a condition that you're happy with, I wouldn't let the color make my decision for me. JM2CW.

post #4 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 5:10 pm Thread Starter

One of my buddies told me to name it "The Purple Throbber".
post #5 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 5:26 pm

Talking Is Mauve a Feminine Color?

I think I'll let Ken Meese answer that one...
If the color has you wonder about being feminine, do as Ken do and forgo washing the bike for weeks on end and just ride it instead! Nothing spells M.A.N.L.Y better than a dirty bike!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 5:31 pm

I personally think it is a good color, and if you SO likes it, so much the better. I certainly wouldn't let it stop me from buying a good bike and a decent price. Just my .02. jrlakin
post #7 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 5:38 pm

It would have been my first choice, although quite nearly tied with the Canyon Red.

Hey, you're not buying a Harley... why do you have to get input from Harley riders on what *color* bike you should ride?

Remember the motto of Harley riders: "I ride a Harley because I am a unique individual... just like all these other Harley riders." (ducks in anticipation of objects being thrown)

Who would you rather have showering you with attention? Your SO and other women, or a bunch of guys on Harleys? (Ummmm... perhaps your SO wants to reconsider, considering that the Mauve LT is obviously a babe magnet.)

A while back I was at the Home Despot, getting ready to leave. I was riding my wife's bike that day, a Honda CB650. Some guy in a Chevy Subdivision pulled up and asked me how much my motorcycle cost. I told him we had bought it for $700. He said he thought motorcycles cost like $25,000 or $30,000. I said, "well, some motorcycles can cost that much, but if you're not insecure about the size of your [body part], you can ride a $700 motorcycle."
post #8 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 5:42 pm

If you have any hint of a doubt, DO NOT BUY IT. It WILL bother you later.
I speak from experience. Just last summer I sold my R1200C and bought a 1150RT. I had ridden an RT-P, and I liked it very much. The pics I was sent of the 1150RT showed it to be a medium blue. When I went to see it/buy it, it was an overcast day and it looked a little darker to me, and a little "weird". Well, once home, that blue looked purple. I couldn't stand looking at it and sold it right away, and now I have the LT Bottom line, if it bothers you now, it'll bother you later, and keep bothering you day after day, after day. You may possibly grow to like it, but from what you've said, I'd be very careful and not rush in to buy. There's always another one somewhere down the road.

2010 Honda NT700V
1978 Honda CB400T II

Formerly
2011 R1200 RT
'04 R1150 RT-P
'04 R1200CLC
'06 Triumph Scrambler
'02 K1200LT
'01 R1200C Montana
'00 H-D Dyna Defender

" Twas a woman that drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her! " - W.C. Fields
post #9 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 5:44 pm

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggler
A while back I was at the Home Despot, getting ready to leave. I was riding my wife's bike that day, a Honda CB650. Some guy in a Chevy Subdivision pulled up and asked me how much my motorcycle cost. I told him we had bought it for $700. He said he thought motorcycles cost like $25,000 or $30,000. I said, "well, some motorcycles can cost that much, but if you're not insecure about the size of your [body part], you can ride a $700 motorcycle."
Please tell me he was driving a big Suburban!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 5:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamw
I do - but they are the fastest ;-)
Is that anything along the lines of the Johnny Cash song "Boy Named Sue"?
post #11 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 5:48 pm

Mauve Is Cool...

I ride a Mauve...but the honest truth is, to me it looks more purple. BUT...I get LOTS of compliments on the bike!!!!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #12 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 5:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
Please tell me he was driving a big Suburban!
Really, really, really big.
post #13 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 5:58 pm

Exclamation Mauve

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggler
Is that anything along the lines of the Johnny Cash song "Boy Named Sue"?
I don't know. I should have said 'I have a mauve one - but they are the fastest'

or maybe just read before pressing send.

I am dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated

Graham Wintersgill
On the bonnnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond

2001 K1200LT

1995 K75RT now deceased
post #14 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 6:02 pm

Here in the dust capital of the world, I live on an unmaintained county dirt road, I chose color based upon what shows dust the least. I went with metallic dust, AKA Champaign in BMW speak.

The gas tank on my 86HD FXRS looked black, until one looked at it closely in direct sunlight--metallic purple.

Don't think I'd buy a bike or car if I didn't like the color.

Have FUN
Bob
post #15 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 6:20 pm

I passed up on a rocket because what George said. Looked great in the showroom, but realized it was purple in the sun. That was a rocket though, not a Harley or LT (which I believe to be an acceptable or even appealing color on those bikes).

I would've bought an LT regardless of the color from any prev owner. I tend to admire the style of bike more than the color. To me, the guys with custom paints: turquoise, flames, and any flourescent/electric/hot colors looks stupid. Sorry if anyone has those colors/designs on their LT
post #16 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 6:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamw
I don't know. I should have said 'I have a mauve one - but they are the fastest'
Perhaps you didn't catch my drift, or you are unfamiliar with the song. It's about a guy who grows up to be the toughest guy in town because his father named him Sue.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/johnn...ynamedsue.html

And along those lines, the mauve bikes have to be the fastest ones. The only faster ones would be pink.

Last edited by juggler; Feb 7th, 2007 at 6:35 pm.
post #17 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 6:39 pm

Smile I can attest..

Real men ride mauve! I've had mine now for 5 years and I've always had good compliments about the color but more so just the overall appearence of the bike. I'm with the other guys if the bike is a good buy go for it. Good luck!

Quote:

looking around for a possible replacement

2001 K1200 LTC Mauve (Hi-Way Star) may she rest in peace!

CCR'2001 Hotsprings, AR., Sante Fe, NM., Gatlinberg, TN.
Breckinridge, CO., Grand Teton Nat. Prk, WY.
Chateau Elan, GA., Tan-a-Tar-A missed it!
post #18 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 6:50 pm

If you like it, buy it! If in a few months, however, you're saying things like, "Do these riding pants make my ass look big?" then you'll know you made a wrong decision....

Dean and Deb
Golden, CO

post #19 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 7:21 pm

Where do they come up with these color names? Mauve, Taupe, Beige, etc. I have no idea what my wife is talking about when she describes colors.

I think Man Rule # 187 should be "The only colors are black, white, red, blue, yellow, purple, orange, green,brown, silver, gold, copper. You can use one of these colors to describe another, such as yellow-green, reddish blue, etc.
post #20 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 7:41 pm

First - Your Harley dude friends only see black and chrome. (I know I owned a 03 100th Anniv UC)
Second - They are going to suggest you ride in the back of the group so that you look like you just are following a bunch of Harleys. Then you get to pick up the pieces that fall off and to stop and hold their hand when the ole Harley gets to hot to run.
Third - I would swear that you are not color deficient and that mauve is the same color of the 1996 Springer Custom with a tad bit more black and a deeper paint depth so it shows up darker.
Fourth - The women like it. I would much rather have a sexy woman come up to me to talk about my bike and a sweaty overweight Harley guy wanting to know if those mufflers have baffles in them and "Whered ya get that chrome doo-dad do he can get one too!
Fifth - Ride in front of them, lead the way, don't stop for gas until you have too, tell them you will see them at the end of the ride if they make it, cause you can say all you want with all that exhaust noise they can't hear you. An as an added bonus you got a smooth ride and can really hear the music..
All the group I ride with have Harleys. When we would ride I would leave my Harley home and take my Yamaha Venture, ride WAY in the back to get away from the exhaust noise. I would tell them "I'll pick up the parts that vibrate off and stop WHEN you break down. (both of which I did on a regular basis) Now they have named my 06 LT the F#@$en Spaceship. Which got changed to RocketShip last fall when we rode the Tail of the Dragon.

Enjoy the ride.. Isn't that the most important thing!.

Mike
06 K1200 LT
01 Corvette Conv (RED)
BMWMOA # 128948
IBA #19196
post #21 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 7:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsauer608
If you like it, buy it! If in a few months, however, you're saying things like, "Do these riding pants make my ass look big?" then you'll know you made a wrong decision....
Love that one!!!

I truly think it's a fine color, but to agree with a previous poster. Don't buy it if you are not sure. It WILL bother you.
post #22 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimVipond
Where do they come up with these color names? Mauve, Taupe, Beige, etc. I have no idea what my wife is talking about when she describes colors.

I think Man Rule # 187 should be "The only colors are black, white, red, blue, yellow, purple, orange, green,brown, silver, gold, copper. You can use one of these colors to describe another, such as yellow-green, reddish blue, etc.
Speak for yourself. Nothing cures my Gal's azure mood like painting the town vermillion.

Good luck on finding color-matched riding togs for mauve. Perhaps the Artist formerly known as Relevant, ah, I mean Prince can help you with that. I can never decide whether that shade of purple is more of a plum or closer to grape.

Just yucking it up with y'all. That color is not for everyone but it is striking and rare. Almost translucent in the sunlight.

When in doubt, add chrome!

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
post #23 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 7:57 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Is Mauve a Feminine Color?
YES

If it's a great deal then buy it. Mauve is one of the tougher colors to re-sell so keep that in mind....

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #24 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 8:19 pm

Don't !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_S
I speak from experience. Just last summer I sold my R1200C and bought a 1150RT. I had ridden an RT-P, and I liked it very much. The pics I was sent of the 1150RT showed it to be a medium blue. When I went to see it/buy it, it was an overcast day and it looked a little darker to me, and a little "weird". Well, once home, that blue looked purple. I couldn't stand looking at it and sold it right away, and now I have the LT Bottom line, if it bothers you now, it'll bother you later, and keep bothering you day after day, after day. You may possibly grow to like it, but from what you've said, I'd be very careful and not rush in to buy. There's always another one somewhere down the road.
If you are not sure, then DON'T........ Cours, I personally did not think too highly of the green color of my BFP (Big Fat Pig) when I bought it but have come to really like it. It was dark and at night and I really wasn't sure of the color. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #25 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 9:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandiver
If you are not sure, then DON'T........ Cours, I personally did not think too highly of the green color of my BFP (Big Fat Pig) when I bought it but have come to really like it. It was dark and at night and I really wasn't sure of the color. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
Same year, same color here! And yeah, I wasn't real crazy about the color when I first looked at the bike. And yeah, my previous ride was custom painted - flames.
Funny thing happened: I started riding the LT and suddenly the color wasn't all that important to me. Best bike I've ever owned. With the GPS onboard, I find myself being voted in as "Road Captain" whenever we take a trip with my Harley (and Honda, and Yamaha) riding friends. And for some reason, I always end up constantly checking my mirrors to remind myself to slow down in the twisties so they don't get lost....
BTW, when somebody asks me what color my bike is, I tell them (proudly) "it's baby sh*t green".

Beautify America - Get a Tattoo!
2002 K1200LT (going, going, GONE)
post #26 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 9:08 pm

Yes. Real men ride mauve. My sport bike friends call it Barney - but they're just jealous that I can ride 6 hours to the mountains, ride all day with them, ride home and do it all over again the next day.

Joel
'02 K1200LTC
"Mauve Mile-Eater"
post #27 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Quote:

I say raise it up and wax it down!

(absolutely no one is going to get this...)

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #28 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 10:23 pm

The color looks much different when you pass them going twice their speed. Mauve is a very macho color when all they see is your taillight disappearing over the horizon.
post #29 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 10:50 pm

Thumbs up its a great color, i know, my LT is mauve

Its the ride not the color that makes the bike but it helps, but i have to tell you my bike is 4 years old and i still get nothing but compliments on the color, I think its great, its a classic, it only came out for 1 year and there are very few around. my dealer would not even bring one in until i asked to buy it cause he thought the same thing as your Harley guys, once it landed he quickly changed his tune. it is easly recognizable from a distance and always turns heads when you go by. By the way when you leave the Harley guys in your dust it really will not matter what they think, except how they are going to keep up with you. they will get you off the line but then they are toast.

Besides I am a very secure guy and really do not give a darn what the other guy thinks and if your S.O. likes it its a lock.

P/S It goes great with my MAUVE unigo trailer as well

just ride it and enjoy

Darcy
post #30 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 10:54 pm

Smile

Quote:
Yes, and pull a matching Uni-go trailer too!

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #31 of 60 Old Feb 7th, 2007, 11:23 pm

Oh, Yeah.

Quote:

Can you honestly say the word MAUVE without feeling like a girlie man.
post #32 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 12:02 am

Go for it... You can always paint her a different color if you decide you don't like it..

And yes, Ron, I got it...

FZ Rules !

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

post #33 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 12:05 am

Mauve? What's mauve? I call it Barney the Purple Bike...

Seriously, though: here is a story on whether this is a manly color.

A few years ago, I was participating in a group tour, that day crossing the Alps from Slovenia into Austria. It was raining lightly and I was just getting into the rythm on an R1150R. I thought that I was doing pretty well, getting more and more confident in the backroad hairpins, fighting to prevent sliding the rear.

At that very moment, an 'LT with German plates blew by me, two-up, in full lean. The bike literally blew by us - it went around several of us in a turn, in a fraction of a second, leaving only a fine spray in its wake.

By then I already have conceded the superiority of skills to the locals, especially the Italians on their hot Ducatis, each of them convinced to be equal of Rossi - or, at least, Biaggi - and to me they indeed seemed so...

But a heavily loaded touring machine in full tilt? In rain? I was SOOOO impressed. Needless to say, soon thereafter I bought my first 'LT. Not that I can even dream to ride like the one that day, but it certainly is some capable ride, even when compared to my 'RS.

So, to answer the "manliness" issue: it is not the color. It is how you ride. So often riding in my hills, I am following a low-speed parade of HD's, trailed by RV's and minivans. So embarrasing. It takes a bit of effort to work my way past them (especially since it never occurs to them to move right for another bike), but I do that - I cannot resist - it sure feels good and I somehow do not feel to be a lesser rider.

Of course, to each his own, some get turned on by pretend-machismo, others by perfecting their technique...

And finally, feminine implies somehow lesser skills or stature. I am not so sure: I have had the pleasure to be impressed by some female riders I met in my travels. And, this April I'll be participating in Lee Parks' school - this one conducted by Christine Firehock. Somehow I do not think that the riders' discussing the color as sign of manliness are even partly as good. To make it even more fun, I'll be bringing Barney (er, mauve) 'LT for the class!

Enjoy your ride!

Robert in Northern NJ

'09 R12GS, '08 R12RT, '03 R1150RT, '01 F650GS - time to thin the herd?

post #34 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 12:49 am

If ya have to ask, you already know the answer.

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue Honu
post #35 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 6:34 am

Quote:
Would you ride a mauve LT?
Feminine as opposed to gay?
"So I put it to you, the esteemed LT forum members. Would you ride a mauve LT?"
If the choice is to ride that or not ride --Hell Yeah, I'll ride it, what do I care what some retard fashion humping lemmings think?
Rock
post #36 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 8:11 am

Quote:

Oh hell yeah I'd ride it. Wish I could found a mauve one when I bought. My favorite motorcycle color is purple. And I consider myself a normal guy. I just like purple motorcycles. Your HD riding friends are going to laugh about everything about it, since it didn't come from HD. Best thing to do is show them your taillights on a twisty road. Then ask what took them so long.

You can laugh about their bikes too though.

If it's what you want and like, don;t worry about what everyone else thinks.

Rando
post #37 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 8:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller

In a little white box, that I can sell up town.

-joel
post #38 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 9:03 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone for your input. You're right, it's not the color - it's the ride. My Harley buddies shouldn't be laughing, they can't keep up to my 22 year old Venture Royale now. Wait until they try with the LT!

Mauve Mauve Mauve

Thanks again.
post #39 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 9:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_S
I second this call. OR Buy it and pull the colored parts next December and paint it the color of your choice. I painted a R1150R Dakar Yellow Bumblebee a BMW Z3 Metallic Grey. It rocked!!!!
post #40 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 9:30 am

I had a "Plum Crazy" Plymouth once, everybody loved it, wish I still had it.

Nothing wrong with PURPLE...( I just wouldnt call it mauve)

2000 K1200LT
1981 Honda CBX ( kind of for sale)
post #41 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 9:39 am

Quote:

I might not get it, but I will be raising my lonely dental floss. That brings back memories from the 70's. My buddy Alex used to sing that bloody song all of the time.

Who you calling a "no one." Ron?

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #42 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 10:15 am

Quote:

I "get" the reference...I just don't understand what it has to do with this thread.

As for my 2 cents, I would never buy a mOave LT. Never.
post #43 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 11:18 am

Quote:
All of my Harley riding friends laugh and say it's purple when I show them a picture of it while all of the women I ask like it. Including my SO
Wow, That should be a no-brainer. Do you want to attract the guys or girls?
Of cours I ride a GREEN LT and most of the HD dudes think it's ugly, no chrome, not loud, green, sissy bike....but the girls like it. I would rather have the girls bring their guys to my bike and point out how much they like it than impress a bunch of guys with a Ford and a tattoo.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #44 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 2:25 pm

Helmet

Hello Darling come look at my mauve helmet, has not quite the same ring as come look at my purple helmet.

Thats if you like things to match.

I'd have a mauve one great colour and for all you people over the water great color.

Deryck
post #45 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 2:30 pm

When the '05 LT came out and I saw the "light yellow metallic" color I started calling it "urine metallic" to my riding buddies. Not because I didn't like it, I just thought it was funny. When I decided to upgrade to an '05 from my '00 Canyon red LT guess what color I bought? Urine metallic. Well, my buddies have had a field day with this and constantly rub-it-in about my "urine metallic" LT. Guess I should start calling my garage the "Mens Room".
Truth is I was tired of a dark color bike and wanted something lighter -- something that didn't show the road dust every time I rode it. At the end of a days ride my bike looks much cleaner next to their dark colored bikes and requires less care to keep it looking good. Do I think it's the best color, no, but it works for me.
Personally I like all the colors BMW has had on the LT. It's nice to see them take a chance on different colors and give us new choices besides silver, black, blue or red.

Bruce Hodges
'05 LT urine metallic
post #46 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 2:45 pm

Talking

Well I think Mauve is much less feminine than the "oos" colors like Puce and Chartreuse. Buff is also right up there as are Alice Blue, Cerise, Fuchsia, Harlequin, Lavender pink, Old Lace, Orchid, Periwinkle, Sangria, Sepia, Tawny and Wisteria. But I have been trying to get in touch with my feminine side for years so I will keep my options open.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #47 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 3:06 pm

No it's not a feminine color, but that doesn't mean your not gay......lol
post #48 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 6:11 pm

Sure, I'd ride it.

Quote:

It wouldn't be my first choice in color but if the bike is good and the price is right, I'd live with it. There's lots of purple stuff out there these days. Definitely a marketing strategy for many products, given the popularity of purple these days.

Heck lots of people don't even think of purple as a gay color. So unless you put a rainbow sticker and a "Celebrate Diversity" sticker on the back of the bike it's just another paint job.
post #49 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 6:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I "get" the reference...I just don't understand what it has to do with this thread.

As for my 2 cents, I would never buy a mOave LT. Never.
As noted in the original post by "Dental Floss Tycoon" in his byline:

Goin' to Montana soon, gonna be a Dental Floss Tycoon - Frank Zappa

Man, I really miss him. Frank, that is. I am hoping that Moon Unit and Dweezel (sp?) will one day take pick up on his creative genius. Wishfull thinking.

I guess we'll just have to live with Prince in the meantime...

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #50 of 60 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 7:29 pm

Talking

Does this thread fall under the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" or the "If You Have To Ask It's Not For You" rule? Not sure in today's politically correct environment

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in