GPS Wiring again - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jan 25th, 2007, 11:58 pm Thread Starter

GPS Wiring again

Sorry guys but while the subject is fresh in everyones head I have a 2001 lt with voice 2 and I have removed the navI. I have a nav II and more leads than I know what to do with but nothing matches up. the most promising leads are.
#1 A "Y" connector at one end with 2 fittings to plug into the nav unit and a cut cord on the other end with a red,black and blue wire.
#2 "Y" connectors one for the unit and at the other end 2 plugs one with red blue and black wires and one with a yellow and white wire. that do not fit anything on my bike.
I assume (Could be dangerous) the red and black wires are for power, no idea bout the blue one and think that the yellow and white ones are for speaker out or in depending on how you look at it. I have tried to get some info from my local BMW dealer but I think he is more confused than I am.
I was thinking that maybe if the yellow and white wires were speaker outputs i could connect them to the din plug for the cb as I dont have one of them.
Any ideas or have I just been looking in the wrong spot?
Thanks,
Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jan 26th, 2007, 7:41 am

Have you looked on the back of the Voice II unit yet? I believe that's where one of those plugs goes, if not both. Just trying to draw some attention to your thread here as I've never owned one of the BMW badged GPS units, nor a BMW intercom.

Any possibility of you taking pics of these cables and connectors?
post #3 of 4 Old Jan 26th, 2007, 8:38 am
Just ridin'

One thing that needs clarification: Are you sure your bike has a VoiceII? The VoiceII was only available in late 2004 and generally would not be installed on a 2001 model.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old Jan 26th, 2007, 6:44 pm Thread Starter

Sorry guys, I was calling it a voice 2 as that was what the dealer was calling it. On the unit it has V.O.I.C.E. only no #1 or #2 it has three buttons and 3 plug in sockets on the front and 6 lights on the top. I think the part no is 7160 7666 722. So to answer the question Randy I really don't know what I've got. I did see a picture of what it looks like and that says from 2005 onwards. and it does not look like the pre 2003 model. I will try and put a link in here but I'm not good at that either.
http://www.who-sells-it.com/ctp/458/71/normal/

Last edited by Craigo; Jan 26th, 2007 at 7:10 pm. Reason: more information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in