I shouldn't have gotten started... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jan 25th, 2007, 8:20 am Thread Starter

I shouldn't have gotten started...

I ordered the HID kit the other day, and since I was board yesterday, I went in the garage and undressed the old girl for the first time while I wait for it's arrival. (You always remember your first) Anyway, since I've got her undressed, I decided to clean up the wiring for the GPS and Sirius radio...oh...and the left side of the stingray is a perfect fit for an FM modulator, no more searching for a clear channel every 100 miles...and I bet a set of PIAA's with an auto switch would work great in combination with the HID...and it's probably a good time to go ahead and run a power distribution block for future Farkles...hmmmmm maybe I'll order one of those shelves and rearrange everything.

It's a never ending project. I think I'm hooked.

Dave
'06 K1200LT
'93 K1100LT (Hers)
AMA #956231
BMWMOA #130553
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jan 25th, 2007, 8:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbushey
I ordered the HID kit the other day, and since I was board yesterday, I went in the garage and undressed the old girl for the first time while I wait for it's arrival. (You always remember your first) Anyway, since I've got her undressed, I decided to clean up the wiring for the GPS and Sirius radio...oh...and the left side of the stingray is a perfect fit for an FM modulator, no more searching for a clear channel every 100 miles...and I bet a set of PIAA's with an auto switch would work great in combination with the HID...and it's probably a good time to go ahead and run a power distribution block for future Farkles...hmmmmm maybe I'll order one of those shelves and rearrange everything.

It's a never ending project. I think I'm hooked.
Yup - take two Motolights and call us in the morning!!

Nice thang is; most all the farkles are function over form. Some still look good, butt the main factor is function. Be a good challenge to play catch up with Ari, the Finnish Farkle Freak. When it comes to farkles, I think he's left most of us in his rear view mirrors (which have been farkled too!!).

Not sure there is a cure for your ailment, so good luck on your farkle projects!
post #3 of 6 Old Jan 25th, 2007, 10:27 am

Yep . . . you're screwed! Or should I say, your wallet is!

post #4 of 6 Old Jan 25th, 2007, 11:08 am Thread Starter

Relays

I've searched the site and everyone says to use the Heated Seat circuit as the energizing power for relays. I don't have heated seats. What other circuit is good to use that it switched with the ignition to power a relay for aux power distribution?

Dave
'06 K1200LT
'93 K1100LT (Hers)
AMA #956231
BMWMOA #130553
post #5 of 6 Old Jan 25th, 2007, 11:17 am

You could use the parking light up front...easy enough to tap into. And since you have her undressed, running the wire isn't an issue.
post #6 of 6 Old Jan 25th, 2007, 10:21 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Yup - take two Motolights and call us in the morning!!

Not Motolights...but I did just order a set of T - PIAA 1100X Powersports Driving Lamps. I'm gonna get her all dressed up and won't be able to afford the gas to take her out!

Dave
'06 K1200LT
'93 K1100LT (Hers)
AMA #956231
BMWMOA #130553

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in