CC2 message on the radio screen - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 3:46 pm Thread Starter

CC2 message on the radio screen

Hi guys !

Unfortunately, I must have done something wrong. The screen of the radio show CC2 instead of CC1 when I switch to tape. Bummer is that I can't listen to my mp3 linked to the radio with a tape adapter. Does anyone know how to come back to CC1 ?

Thanks !

Pierre-Alain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 6:58 pm

have you tried to disconnect the battery for a while and reconnect, might reset it...
post #3 of 10 Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 7:18 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalo
Hi guys !

Unfortunately, I must have done something wrong. The screen of the radio show CC2 instead of CC1 when I switch to tape. Bummer is that I can't listen to my mp3 linked to the radio with a tape adapter. Does anyone know how to come back to CC1 ?

Thanks !

Pierre-Alain
It has been a while since I had an LT with a cassette player, but I believe that CC1 and CC2 reference the side of the cassette. CC1 being one side and CC2 the reverse. I think you would press one of the arrow buttons on the handlebar control, while the tape is playing, to reverse the tape direction.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by randy; Jan 22nd, 2007 at 7:50 pm.

post #4 of 10 Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 7:46 pm

Good call Randy. I just went out and eject the cassette adapter that lets me play my Sirius unit through the tape player. I put in a cassette and let it play for a while on CC1 and then hit the button to reverse it and it went to CC2. Then I pulled the cassette out and put the adapter back in . The control head automatically went back to CC1. I could not get it to go to CC2 with the adapter installed in the unit at all. If he is hung at CC2, he may have other issues.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #5 of 10 Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 1:01 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips guys ! I'll try it when I will take the bike out for a ride in a couple of minutes.
post #6 of 10 Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 5:37 am

have you considered an FM transmitter? they have come a long way in the sound quality department - probably equal or better than cassette jacks. plus, no wires to mess around with. easy solution I guess.
post #7 of 10 Old Jan 24th, 2007, 11:07 am

I hate to disagree with you, but the FM transmitter stinks. I have one on my AudioVox unit and went to the cassette adapter, because I could never keep a good signal between the Sirius unit and any of the FM stations on the FM transmitter. If I went to a hardwired FM transmitter, plugs between the bike antenna and the radio, then that might be a different story.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #8 of 10 Old Jan 24th, 2007, 11:38 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
I hate to disagree with you, but the FM transmitter stinks. I have one on my AudioVox unit and went to the cassette adapter, because I could never keep a good signal between the Sirius unit and any of the FM stations on the FM transmitter. If I went to a hardwired FM transmitter, plugs between the bike antenna and the radio, then that might be a different story.
Hey, Steve - wonder if your's stunk cuz it wuz with the Sirius system, or just stunk period, or you had one that needed tweaked? Ole Toad uses an FM transmitter for our XM XT radio and it works great. ATAATT (On The Air All The Time) 'cept for antenna reception and smack down center of town in S.A.
post #9 of 10 Old Jan 24th, 2007, 12:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
Hardwiring is the only way to go. Not the best, but as close a s you can get on an LT without a 1/8 stereo aux plug like new autos have.
post #10 of 10 Old Jan 24th, 2007, 2:20 pm

maybe it is your guys' transmitter units?... mine works great. granted, I'm talking about rural Wisconsin, not downtown Chicago.
I use a Belkin Tunecast II or a Griffin iTrip.

I do agree hardwiring is the best... but for those who dont want the wires and work to install all that stuff, FM transmitter is an option.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in