Weather Pack Connector For Pwr Centerstand - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 8:01 am Thread Starter

Weather Pack Connector For Pwr Centerstand

Gang,
I am installing a power centerstand on my 02. The centerstand assembly came with the female plug end.
I have tried searching for a supplier for the male plug end and had no luck.
Any of you know where I can find these? I'm thinking they must be a european automotive item that is used frequently for weather tight electrical connections. But not available normally in the U.S.? The U.S. versions are called Weatherpack Connectors. I want to go with the version that is already on the centerstand though.
Your help would really be appreciated.

Mark D.
Groveland,MA
2002 KLT (JETBLUE)
1993 ST1100 (retired)
1982 GPz 1100 EFI (retired)
1979 750F (retired)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 9:58 am

I would be interested to know where you got the power center stand unit, how much it cost, and how hard or easy it was to install. I would love to have a power center stand. I have a 2000 LT. jrlakin
post #3 of 4 Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 10:25 am Thread Starter

At the bottom of this page you will see "similar threads". A couple of guys here explain rather well the process of installing a POWER CENTERSTAND ASSEMBLY.

I got my PCS Assembly on Ebay. With shipping it was $650.00 It came from Hannigan Trikes where they remove the PCSs during the process. They have sold a few of them on there.

Previously they sold them without the MALE CONNECTOR leaving it on the harness that naturally stays on the bike.
I asked them if they could cut the Male Plug off the harness leaving a 6" tail and they said they'd get back to me. They were not sure at the time if they could do that.
Finally they did get back to me and said from now on they would include the Male Plug end but the bike mine came from was already gone so I was out of luck. You just have to keep checking ebay and bid when they are posted or give Hannigan a call and see if they have any available that they are willing to sell.

I have a wiring setup to do the job but would if possible rather get the Male Counterpart of this connection system. It's gotta be a european standard part. Can't find them on the internet though. I'm going to give my Beemer dealer a call and see if they can help me out.

As far as installation. I haven't done mine yet but from what I have already read it seems to be pretty straight forward. Bolt up is what dejan said he did.

Mark D.
Groveland,MA
2002 KLT (JETBLUE)
1993 ST1100 (retired)
1982 GPz 1100 EFI (retired)
1979 750F (retired)

post #4 of 4 Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 10:59 am

Electrical connectors

Are there any similar connectors on the bike? If there are take a photo and email it to boneyard and others. You could also try www.motorworks.co.uk
www.motobins.co.uk and James Sherlock. They all break BMW's. If you add some pictures to this thread I might be able to help.

Graham Wintersgill
On the bonnnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond

2001 K1200LT

1995 K75RT now deceased

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in