BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

2000LT Rear Master Cylinder Kit?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BeemMeUp 
#1 ·
Hello. I'm new to the forum and as of last month, new to the family of K1200LT owners. I bought a very nice 2000 model with less than 40k miles. I love it. I was doing some brake repair on the rear and found that my master cylinder was going out. I assumed (incorrectly) that I could buy a rebuild kit. Ha! So . . . . . . has anyone here had good luck finding a rebuild kit? Or maybe a kit with compatible seals? The bore is 14mm.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Solution Found:

Thank you dvpadgett for your suggestion to search online for a good used Master Cylinder. I went to eBay and found several for $35.00 and less. I purchased the one that looked the cleanest thinking it probably came from a well maintained or low mileage bike. The price was $15.99 plus $10.00 shipping. It arrived in 3 days and looked great. I disassemble and flushed with new fluid. I then did a bench bleed and carefully installed it on the bike with the Master Cylinder still full of fluid. Once on the bike I did a full rear brake bleed. It works GREAT. I good full and firm pedal. Like new. Thanks again to dvpadgett for your suggestion to search used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.