2005 K1200LT Preventative maintenance - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Mar 22nd, 2020, 11:53 am Thread Starter

2005 K1200LT Preventative maintenance

Hello All,
I have a 2005 K1200LT Trike with about 40,000 miles. I had to go to the trike when I could no longer pick the bike up when I dropped it. Fortunately that did't have very often. My previous bike was a 2002 K1200LT with about 85,000 Miles on it. It has become difficult for me to work on the bike as I am now 78 years old. So, I string it out over a longer period of time. I love the LT's. I am looking for your suggestions and recommendations. So, here it goes. The bike is running great at the present, but I am now getting worried that I should do some preventative maintenance due to it's age and I don't want to have a problem this riding season.
1) I doubt the fuel filter has been changed. So, the work level to get to the fuel filter is so great, perhaps I should change all the parts in the fuel tank. Also, the use of ethenal fuel may have eroded the rubber parts.
2) I plan to also change the air filter.
3) Are there other parts or hoses, such as brake hoses, that should be considered changing at the same time?
I have been pricing parts. WOW. So, also give me your recommendations for after market parts.

Thanks,
Richard
Ranger, Texas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Mar 22nd, 2020, 4:11 pm

Re: 2005 K1200LT Preventative maintenance

Here is a kit that includes the pump also. If you want, you could call them and get it without the pump, but what the heck. Your old pump could be an on the shelf spare. Euromotelectrics. Lots of other stuff there like an ignition wire set that I bet 50 cents your bike could use. Do you have new brake lines installed? The original front rubber ones are done for if still there.
https://www.euromotoelectrics.com/pr...k-231k1200.htm
Take a look at the post above about video for breather hose.
This is you also.

Beech
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I change your tires $50, you buy them on the web.
K13S, S1000R (gone through a few GS's & RT's)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in