BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Piaa driving lights

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  leshenits215 
#1 ·
I have an 05 LT with the hard to find 70215 lamps. Is there a direct fit Piaa LED replacement available?

#7 ·
if we are referring to the PIAA 1100's, I have the MR-16 LED bulbs installed. They work very well and have lasted for at least 3 riding seasons so far. I was tired of replacing a replacement bulb every year at 45$ each. I purchased my MR-16s at Menards, a pair for about 12$. Also, a little modification was needed....some of the cooling fins on the back needed to be shaved off to fit the shape of the housing.

#10 ·
I had the PIAA 1100 lights for many years. One bulb replaced some years ago, but last year, the second one burned out, and I could not find a replacement even from PIAA. So I removed them, and for $60 from "superbrightleds.com", I picked up a pair of 2" square LEDs that are amazing. I kept the original wiring harness and just spliced in the new LEDs. Also the old mounting brackets fit the new lights. They are just as bright as the old PIAA 1100s. High recommend going to LEDs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.