BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Any interest before I post on ebay?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  jzeiler 
#1 ·
At 73 I am planning to retire and I need to part with my bike. This forum has been a great help to me in the years I have had my bike. If there is any interest here I will make a good deal for someone or else it will go on Craigslist and ebay.
It is the Canyon Red 2000 K1200LT. I am an IBA member and it is well sorted out and I did the coast to coast in less than 50 hours just last year. Here are the details.
Windscreen is a Cee Baileys. Head lights are from Ducati Designs and converted to HID. Driving lights are LED and mounted under the front lip of the fairing. They are programmable and on with the headlight. On low beam they are set for 20% power and on high beam 100%. Wilbers suspension front and rear. Digital volt meter added to right side of the dash. Mounted at the top of the dash is a Passport radar detector with a LED light that you can't miss on the left. On the right is a new Garmin GPS with lifetime maps. The radio has been removed but the harness remains and it could be replaced. Instead you now have a large glove compartment with a power port inside for charging phones etc. The pegs have the lowering kit for a little extra room. The rear trunk is like new and has the heavy duty latch kit that is no longer available. Currently the trunk has been off for the last 3 years as I prefer the rear rack of anodized aluminum. Remove the four bolts and the trunk can be mounted on top of the rack or lift off the rack and trunk mounts in stock position. The charcoal canister has been removed and an on board air compressor is mounted in it's place. The power switch is inside the left saddle bag and there is a quick disconnect fitting under the driver's seat. The small diameter, high pressure hose is long enough to reach anywhere on the bike and easily reaches your buddy's bike. The fuel pump was replaced last year and the fuel filter is now under the rear seat on the right side so no "U" hose on the tank to burst and the filter is easy to change. The fuel line disconnects are the metal version.
The exhaust is the full Remus system. One of the best modifications is the power center stand with skid plate. Push the heavy duty waterproof switch and up you go. This has worked perfectly for more than 2 years now. I also did a preemptive strike and had the final drive rebuilt by Saddleman before the coast to coast trek. It never had an issue but now I know it never will. I should also mention that all electric wiring was done using a fused power box under the seat with labels so everything is protected and nothing is left on by accident.
I also have the original BMW bags for the side cases and the trunk. Of course I have all the manuals and a repair manual.
Just testing the waters and I will have to get some pictures. Everything works as it should, cruise control, trip computer, all gauges, ABS, etc.
I am in Southern Oregon and for someone here will let it go for $2500.

Let me know.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like a good deal -no, GREAT deal for someone. These bikes go forever.

You are 4 years ahead of me in riding/age, and I am planning a CC trip this spring on my LT with 213K.

You might add how many miles on the bike.

Sorry you're not riding the LT anymore-moving to another bike?

#3 ·
Getting ready to retire and something has to go.
Mileage is about 57500. i thought of one other upgrade. The shift linkage has the larger ball that are offered as an upgrade.
I also have a heavy duty lift that is air over hydraulic that easily lifts it to any height you need. if you pick up the bike you may have the lift as I will no longer have a need.

Dave the CC50 is an adventure. Mine was from Santa Monica, CA to Tybee Island, GA.
It was great.
if there is no interest the bike will go on craigslist and ebay by Monday.

#9 ·
No time to put it on eBay yet. By the time I get home from work it is pitch black. I will take pictures this Saturday and post them or email directly. I would really like to see somebody from this group have her. I have belonged to several forums over the years. Different interests but all related to things I enjoy and many of them get nasty and critical. I was a total Newbie when I joined and this group was a great help. I surfed this group and read a lot before I bought her because it was site unseen and I flew to Colorado and drove her home during a real rainstorm.

I will get pictures this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.