BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Renew upholstery on my LT’s seats

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  mondrage 
#1 ·
My seats are really starting to look old and cracking.
I can just re-upholster or maybe someone knows where to get the covers already made.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Also interested. My front seat cracked on my a few months ago and I've been avoiding taking it out on weekends to not make it worse. While I might eventually get a custom one.. Right now just hoping someone has a resource on something cost-effective to get me through the winter rides.

.Ksnarf

#3 ·
I contacted Sargent Seats.
I’ll buy the fabric from them and have the whole thing re-upholstered.
I’ll make them either black carbon FX or very dark grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
My original seats were beginning to let go at the stitching. I had them both re upholstered in a kind of pebble textured charcoal colored vinyl using a blue stitching to match the blue of my bike. I'm very happy with how it came out but it wasn't cheap. It cost me about $980. But when you look at the work needed to do the job it's not unexpected. There are after all 10 separate pieces of fabric between the two seats that have to be cut to shape ant stitched together.

Attachments

#11 ·
The Black upholstery with the blue stitching does look great.

I was able to pick up a Kontour seat a few years ago for my GTL and it's great if you live in a hot climate. Hours out in the sun are not a problem as it does not absorb the heat. A bit cool in the winter..

Just thinking out loud that if it was time to replace the upholstery, it might also be time to replace the foam.

#7 ·
If it is time to replace the cover it is also time to replace the foam. I had mine (all 3 pieces) done by Bill Mayer Saddles several years ago in vinyl that looks a lot like stock and it has held up great. The best thing that BMS did was replace all of the foam and recontour my seat to create a bit of a dish that made the seat much more comfortable.

#10 ·
I swear by Seth Laam. Laamseats.com His prices are right on his website and he can do whatever you want done. I had seats for my Hayabusa done and he added heat and had them back to me in less than 7 days for less money than Corbin wanted to recover them. (They were Corbin seats) Also Corbin quoted a 6 week turn around.
he is also the kind of guy you can talk to on the phone about your need

#13 ·
Lots of options with this guy if you don't mind doing the cover swap yourself. I did this with another vendor to my pickup seats and ended up with nice 100% leather everywhere (not just where your but is) seats for a very reasonable price. If you are willing to do a little labor yourself you can save money and have a nice seat.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROYAL-BLUE...-SEAT-COVER-/350870749615?hash=item51b186c1af

This is how my truck seats turned out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.