BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Slipstreamer windshield?

2K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  LTnAZ 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried a Slipstreamer windshield? I'm not really happy with the Cee Bailey 27 inch windshield on my LT and looking for other options. The Parabellum and Slipstreamer are the only ones I have found so I am looking for some input before I spend my money.

#4 ·
I have a VStream. The tall one.
It’s pretty amazing.
The wind doesn’t knock the LT around like the OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
No experience with either of these two. I bought the tall version of the Vstream last spring and it worked fine on my trip to Alaska. It provided good protection and cleans easily. The only downsides are that it is harder to see over than stock as it is an inch or so taller, I get a little more wind on my shoulders and upper arms, and it hits the sides of the fairing when moving into the low position. It is scratching off the paint right above the rubber bumpers that the windshield seats on when fully down. Other than that, I am happy with it and the wife likes it.

#7 · (Edited)
I have the slipstreamer on my LT. I got the tall one and in the lowest position, I can barely see over the top but other than that, I am happy with it. My OEM was yellowing and crazed so I needed a replacement. Because of that extra 2 inches, I rarely run it in the highest position, only high enough to take the wind off me unless I want it. It is not Poly Carbonate which is what I was looking for but a replacement was needed for safety. I thought Cee Bailey stopped producing MC shields and went total aircraft.

Attachments

#9 ·
How tall are you? I don't know how old my Cee Bailey is as It was on my bike when I got it. I'm hoping someone has tried the Parabellum as they make some impressive claims that I'm wondering if they are BS?

#14 ·
I do not know about the Parabellum, though I am also 5'8" with a 30" inseam and I went with a 2" shorter (https://www.nationalcycle.com/z2462.html) windscreen which I love! In the "up" position I feel like I am in a quiet, protective bubble, and the next thing I know I am going 90+ MPH... so I prefer to leave the screen down to see over it and get wind on my helmet to keep me closer to the speed limits!

#16 ·
The photo in your first post shows what looks like a Cee Baileys #2, (with the curve at the top).

You can trim a lot of material from the top of a Cee Bailey #2, and it will still retain much of it's original function. It is a very good windshield (in my experience).

I am 5'8" & our windshield measures 22" in the center, (vertically) from edge to edge. The top edge falls right in my line of sight, so if I were to do it again, I would have it cut to 21.5".
I think that would make it just about perfect for solo rides & 2 up touring (with it raised half way).

Cee Baileys doesn't sell M/C windshields any longer, however, if you call them they may trim your windshield for you if you send it to them.
I say it's worth a try.

Rand

#17 ·
Thanks but everything is on hold now as I'm trying to sell my LT since I found a steal of a deal on a 17 K1600GTL that I fell in love with. I should never have taken it for a test ride! I'm holding my breath right now waiting to hear from a guy that is interested in my LT.

#19 ·
Everything is on hold now as my LT is for sale. I found a steal of a deal on a 2017 K1600GTL that is too good to pass up. I already have a guy interested in my LT and if he buys it I will buy the GTL. My wife and I took it for a test ride and we both fell in love with it. I wasn't planning on spending that much on a bike but this is too good of a deal to pass up, I just hope my buyer comes through.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.