BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

High Performance Clutch for the old LT...!?!?

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Ricardo Kuhn 
#1 ·
First of all I had a horrible experience with a Touratch ceramic clutch so I'm a little hesitant to try anything different that OEM Sachs

But reading around I stumble into this RB Racing

Any feedback on their products...??

I'm looking for Ultimate performance in this case but not for "Racing" simply because from time to time the best maneuver is to "Get out of the way" and you can not do that if your clutch is kind of slippery (mine is)

I don't mind doing the work, I want to replace the seals anyway as a preventive measure so may as well install a new clutch, even better if it works better than the stock one

#2 ·
I’m not sure what’s up with that vendor! When I tried to contact them twice about questions for some of their products I never received a reply. So I ended up getting a Siebenrock clutch disk for my 2006 LT.

Reactions: Ricardo Kuhn
#3 ·
Never used the Tourach or heard of anyone I know using it. Most are using the Siebenrock better than stock or OEM disk and OEM plate/spring parts. The LT clutch is not a very " strong" clutch as in if you are sliping it, it will not grab under heavy throttle if you let it all the way out but if you get it all the way out to where it stops slipping before trying to get full throttle, you can roll on all the throttle you need and it will not break loose. Being a dry clutch and a heavy bike, you can wear it out pretty quickly treating it like a wet clutch and slipping it a lot. Yeah, there are times you may have to but it will eventually take its toll if doing it excessively.

#4 ·
RB Racing is vaporware. Been following them for 10 years and NO Product yet.

But if your clutch is slipping when you roll on the throttle it is shot and needs to be replaced. I have had very good performance from the Siebenrock "better than stock" unit in several LT clutch jobs. The best way to preserve the LT clutch is never exceed 1,800 RPM when launching until the clutch is fully engaged. An occasional 2,400 RPM launch will not kill it but it could heat it up to the point where it will continue to slip until it cools down.

Reactions: sailor
#8 ·
You're right on all accounts John. The owner of RB is into HD drag racing and salt flat racing development. They also still supply turbo (mostly for V-twin) kit parts, but they never came through on the clutch for the LT. I've only burned 1 clutch myself, and that was by doing just as you said. It was my first dry clutch bike and learned the hard way how to take care of it. The stock clutch, when operated/installed correctly works just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.