BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Performance exhaust

2K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  jzeiler 
#1 ·
I have been searching in vain for a performance exhaust for my 2007 k1200lt. I’ve tried Remus, two brothers, supertrapp, staintune.....nothing! I did see a two brothers off an 03 list d on eBay. Can’t find any specs on it. Two brothers doesn’t respond. Would it even add much horsepower? Please help. Eddie

#2 ·
#5 ·
It is rare that aftermarket aftermarket exhaust increases HP all by it self. Of course some do but not much. Your gain will be weight loss and size. Do not toss your stock exhaust. You may need it one day. LT bikes are not a hot exhaust market item and now out of production for ten years, all the more of a vintage bike. Personally I find the LT series and the RT series stock systems part of the charm of the bikes.

#6 ·
I chuckle at discussions about performance exhausts for touring bikes and big bore kits for V-twin cruisers. To me, it is all lipstick on a pig. If you want performance, buy a performance bike. If you want a slow, noisy, cruiser, buy one. Trying to make a touring bike or a cruiser into a performance bike is simply funny to me. To each their own, I just find it amusing.

#19 ·
Just a note all those comments on the site for the one LT where posted before 2005 because I read them then ( I got my LT in June of 04 ) and they talk of 11.5:1 pistons that carry it near the RS ratio. I have never see anyone post here (or other forums) that they received any RB racing item (clutches or exhaust) for the LT in the last 16 years so if you can get one I will eat crow, but as I have said in other posts RB Racing is vaporware.

The 05 + LTs all have RS pistons already and crank out 115 HP compared to the old LT which was only 99 hp. Also 42.7 MPG on a pre 05 was very low mileage most owners of the pre 05 reported 50 to 53 MPG on average. This is based on my observations of the LT over the last 16 years.

Reactions: meese
#31 ·
You would have to dig back into the OLD forum (circa 2005-07) to see the few that did try and we lost access to those posts when the owners sold the site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.