BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Integral ABS bleeder replacement

968 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jzeiler 
#1 ·
Hello all. After replacing OEM brake lines with Spiegler lines (2005 K1200 LT), I am in the process of bleeding the system.
While bleeding the DR i believe I unintentionally overtorqued one of the 4 bleeders on top of the unit (the LH outboard bleeder).

Now the bleeder shows some play (wiggling) even when it’s tight and I am getting air because of the insufficient seal (I made sure air is not coming from the vacuum rubber fitting). This does not allow me to finish the bleeding process.

I suppose this bleeder needs to be replaced but I’ve had no luck Searching for a part number so I can order it.

Can anybody help point me in the right direction? Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

#4 ·
Hopefully, you stripped the bleeder and not the housing. Given that the housing appears to be aluminum alloy and the bleeders are steel, I would be more concerned that the body was stripped and not the bleeder.

Reactions: Patric and sailor
#8 ·
After dealing with some wife health issues that took priority, here’s an update on the brake lines bleeding issue:
I performed the procedure as described in this forum and used the new fitting (BIG THANKS TO JZeiler). It worked !
Brake failure light went away after a short test ride. No leaks observed through fitting so far (roughly 200 miles since bleeding and counting)
I can’t emphasize enough the great help this forum and its expertise provides for all LT owners out there)
If any of you comes near the Savannah, GA area, please don’t hesitate to contact me. We might go out on a ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.