Another LT project! - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 6Likes
  • 4 Post By 14wntr
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By Wazza

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2019, 7:15 am Thread Starter

Another LT project!

I just published Day 3 but if you want to see the other 2 just look at my latest videos. Kirk

2000 K1200LT-C "Tsukune"
2013 Honda NC700X "Moka"

Kirk Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

President of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2019, 8:15 am

Re: Another LT project!

Kirk mate I could watch you bleed all day. Ok so that sounded a bit creepy. I enjoyed the video and look forward to seeing how the project turns out. I think you should ditch the damaged trunk and go with a nice Fort Worth rack or something similar. I put one on mine and I actually think I like the look of the bike better that way.
With that broken mounting point for the side panel above the rear foot peg, what about attaching a piece of flat material of some sort that can be secured behind the remaining piece of flange on the panier that will reach up to the same point as the original mounting point. You could then retain the look of the original panel externally. If you get my convoluted explanation.
post #3 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2019, 9:39 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Kirk mate I could watch you bleed all day. Ok so that sounded a bit creepy. I enjoyed the video and look forward to seeing how the project turns out. I think you should ditch the damaged trunk and go with a nice Fort Worth rack or something similar. I put one on mine and I actually think I like the look of the bike better that way.
With that broken mounting point for the side panel above the rear foot peg, what about attaching a piece of flat material of some sort that can be secured behind the remaining piece of flange on the panier that will reach up to the same point as the original mounting point. You could then retain the look of the original panel externally. If you get my convoluted explanation.
And someone with a broken latch might pay a decent price for the trunk just to get the latch. Particularly, now that the FIBIB kit and replacement CNC machined latch handles are no longer being made.
14wntr likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

post #4 of 11 Old Aug 8th, 2019, 12:32 pm

Video won't play

2004 K1200LT. Big Mama
1999 Suzuki Intruder VL1500LC. Betty Lou.
I'm a 4 percenter.
post #5 of 11 Old Aug 8th, 2019, 1:18 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by james216 View Post
Video won't play
I just tried it and it works for me. Not sure what is going on for you. You can always go to the youtube channel directly as well.

2000 K1200LT-C "Tsukune"
2013 Honda NC700X "Moka"

Kirk Johnson

President of

post #6 of 11 Old Aug 8th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14wntr View Post
I just tried it and it works for me.
Works for me too.
post #7 of 11 Old Aug 8th, 2019, 4:33 pm

Great video. Very informative and easy to watch. If I could make one suggestion though from a photography perspective. When you set up the camera so that it frames you in the picture, divide the whole scene into three sections, a top, middle and bottom. Put your head mostly in the top third, not square in the center of the frame. It makes for a better composed image. It even has a name, it's called the rule of thirds.

https://www.photographymad.com/pages...rule-of-thirds
post #8 of 11 Old Aug 8th, 2019, 6:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by james216 View Post
Video won't play
The video has never played for me if I click on the arrow in the middle of the link. If you click on the uTube bar just above it , it will take you straight there.
post #9 of 11 Old Aug 8th, 2019, 6:05 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
The video has never played for me if I click on the arrow in the middle of the link. If you click on the uTube bar just above it , it will take you straight there.
Works fine for me clicking on the arrow in the middle of the picture. It may depend on which device you are using. I am using an iPad and that works fine. However, it is seems to play more slowly and buffer more when involved from within the forum as compared to going directly to the YouTube app and playing it there.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

post #10 of 11 Old Aug 8th, 2019, 6:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin View Post
Great video. Very informative and easy to watch. If I could make one suggestion though from a photography perspective. When you set up the camera so that it frames you in the picture, divide the whole scene into three sections, a top, middle and bottom. Put your head mostly in the top third, not square in the center of the frame. It makes for a better composed image. It even has a name, it's called the rule of thirds.

https://www.photographymad.com/pages...rule-of-thirds
Yes Kirk I think your work would be enhanced if you adopted the Fibonacci principal, nothing like a bit of good old golden ratio to make your day.
post #11 of 11 Old Aug 8th, 2019, 6:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Works fine for me clicking on the arrow in the middle of the picture. It may depend on which device you are using. I am using an iPad and that works fine. However, it is seems to play more slowly and buffer more when involved from within the forum as compared to going directly to the YouTube app and playing it there.
Yes that could be it. It might also depend on what browser you use.
Voyager likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in