BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Checking Back In After a Sabbatical!

925 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Ricky Chuck 
#1 ·
Greetings, all. Wow, feel like I've been gone forever, lol. Last time I was here I had just completed the marathon upgrade of the LT and all was swell and then my consulting gig ran out and I've been looking for work so I put the bike in the garage for some months just to minimize risk but recently have been getting antsy about riding so have had it out several times, loving it but now it is hot as blazes, lol so it is sitting again.

Anyway, gonna lurk for a bit to see what I have been missing :). Hope all is well for everyone. My right knee has been telling me it hates me after I had a minor right lean incident that never went nuclear but must have popped some old adhesion loose or something, lol, anyway, another reason to leave the beast parked. Anyone own a 2019 RE Himalayan? :) I rode one on a lark and it is so different I liked it, lol. And my knee didn't complain...I dunno...lots of stuff going on in my mind :)

#2 ·
Check out the Itchy Boots YouTube channel. She is riding a Himalayan across a good part of the world. I will keep my KLR, although having a fuel injected engine would be nice. And if you are short the Himalayan would have clear advantages.

Reactions: Ricky Chuck
#3 ·
Hey! Yeah I was pretty motivated to check one out last few months. They would be a good bike to trailer someplace and explore for sure. I finally got back in the job saddle so have ridden the K a couple of times, feels good! :) This morning I went on a 120 mile breakfast run with 12 other bikes ending up back at the BMW dealership for breakfast, low to mid 70s until about ten when it was creeping to 82, lol. Bike did well, I kept tabs on the rear hub after several fast runs and the hottest it got after we took a break and I tested it with the laser thermometer was 123 degrees, that doesn't sound unreasonable so I am not concerned at this time about it. It seems to idle just perfectly and runs out smoothly but that last couple of times I started it this morning after sitting for a couple of months it took about about three or four seconds to fire over, not too worried there either, maybe put some cleaner through it. Anyway, all seems to be well...EXCEPT...the front seat heater came on no matter which position I chose on the way to the morning ride and by the time I got there it was WARM in places that didn't need to be warm, lol...I'd forgotten my little tool pouch so had to cut the wire to the seat. Later the parts guy couldn't seem to find the switch that is integral to the seat so I guess I will look for a new one or make one, hope it is the switch and nothing like the coil in the seat. Later!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.