Does anyone have the cover for the navigation bracket? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 6:49 pm Thread Starter

Does anyone have the cover for the navigation bracket?

I looked at a 2007 model today (yes, it's January in Minnesota). I liked everything about this one except the bracket for the navigation system. The salesman says there is a cover that goes over the entire bracket for when you are not using the GPS. I should have asked to see it, because I've never seen one on any other LT, 2005 and up.

I'm very seriously thinking about trading my 1999LTC in at 55,000 miles. After just replacing the final drive last summer, now the main seal is leaking and the clutch is slipping, which will cost me about $1800 to repair.

The dealer is offering to take in in trade, for $6000, less $1400 for the needed repairs. I really want to have a bike under warrenty again, and plan to take a few more long trips before my wife and I start pushing 60.

If any one has the cover on their bike, please let me know. A photo would be greatly appreciated.

JRW New Hope Minnesota
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 7:17 pm

Are you talking about this or something else?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SadieCockpit_LowRes.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	9329  

AJ
2013 K1600GTL (not yet named)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 7:20 pm Thread Starter

The salesperson said there was a cover for what you are showing in the picture. I just don't like the uncluttered look of the bracket and wire in that spot. Thanks for the reply and picture!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in