If you go to the next county north, you are in KY.
I'm in Macon County, TN.
I actually have a laundry list of things to fix. I'm listing them one at a time on the forum so I don't get things mixed up.
1. Luggage locks/latches, right bag works, left bag and trunk don't
3. Low beam headlight burnt out
4. Cruise control not working
5. Trying to figure out the radio. Nothing I do works. I may end up having to replace it.
6. Running lights/fog lights (?) I have to find the switch
7. Motorrad Nav ll doesn't work so I want to remove the mount and wiring.
8. Motor smokes some on start up but clears after a bit of riding.
9. Antenna mast broken off.
That's what I know for now. I may find more as I go.
1. Follow John’s advice already provided,
2. Same as 1.,
3. Is this Zenon? If so l have a complete unit.,
4. Check the micro switches by doing a search for a complete write up of instructions.,
5. Replace it.,
6. Does it have an Autoswitch? Press and hold the turn signal cancel button for 8 seconds, do same to turn them off,
7. Just requires a little digging in the bowels of the old girl., heck, you’re going in there anyway,
8. Characteristic. Do not park it on the side stand as soon as you turn it off... use center stand.,
9. Radio don’t work anyway but your choice to replace.
Now for the other stuff...
a) All fluids, including brakes and clutch, and spark plugs to be replaced,
b) Air and fuel filter along with hoses at the fuel filter, to be replaced.,
c) Quick disconnects, if original plastic, replace with set from beemerboneyard.com
d) Are brake lines original rubber? Replace with steel braided lines from Spiegler.,
Nice to do...
Factory black shock springs, replace with progressive if shocks are not leaking.
The above should be enough to keep you busy and familiarize yourself with the bike for many enjoyable years of ownership that the LT will provide provided the clutch, slave cylinder, and FD hold up, but we can walk you through those too!