BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

K1200LT

538 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mslacool 
#1 ·
Hello

I am offered a K1200LT (2001).

My questions

1) What do I have to look out for or ask for at the inspection appointment (maintenance booklet etc)

2) were there callbacks?

3) you can change the radio to MP3 player or USB stick (music). Have no CD's or can you swap the radio, if so which model fits or would be an alternative? (Costs?)

4) Is there a tank bag or just fits a map pocket on the tank?

Heinz /Germany

#2 ·
offered a K1200LT (2001).

My questions

1) What do I have to look out for or ask for at the inspection appointment (maintenance booklet etc) oh god best to read
some here or have it professionally inspected. Lots of things go wrong on any old bike, and an old LT owner or mechanic will be worth their weight in gold. For example... Blown shocks. 2000 rear main seal leaking 3000 radio making noise ? ABS problems etc etc. They are basically reliable bikes... but have problems that are associated with age, more than design flaws. Original brake lines>>> stainless steel replace 650

2) were there callbacks?

3) you can change the radio to MP3 player or USB stick (music). Have no CD's or can you swap the radio, if so which model fits or would be an alternative? (Costs?) There is a video out on how to replace it or remove it. I removed mine and use bluetooth in my helmet and love the extra space and reduced weight.

4) Is there a tank bag or just fits a map pocket on the tank? There is no tank bag just a small storage spot that gets to be pretty good size when you remove the radio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.