• 1 Post By N00bie RT Gawd
  • 1 Post By CharlieVT
  • 1 Post By Captain_Wayne
  • 1 Post By Mark65
  • 1 Post By Goose11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Apr 14th, 2019, 6:01 pm Thread Starter

New Thread

Okay Gents, I'm gonna try to titivate this board...
Those of you who don't know the definition of "titivate", you should look it up. It might not be what it sounds like to you.

I'm soliciting anecdotes, jokes, humorous description of mishaps, etc. Make it related to a BMW K1200LT in some way so it can stay on this forum. Or just put "BMW K1200LT" in the subject line and then go seriously off topic.

Rules of contest: I'm gonna make the rules up as we go along.
Maybe the most "likes" a post gets, or maybe the post I like best. Duration of contest: undecided.

Winner will get a USPS medium flat rate priority shipping box full of Pure Vermont Maple Syrup.

A KLT walked into a stripper bar and said: "I'm a little top heavy too..."

So, the gauntlet is thrown. What do you have?

Last edited by CharlieVT; Apr 14th, 2019 at 11:24 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Apr 14th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Garage
Re: New Thread

A ham sandwich walks into a bar. He asks the bartender if they serve food. The bartender says no.

What does this have to do with a K-bike? Well, it broke down and the sandwich was waiting for help...
CharlieVT likes this.

Those who say that it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.

Democrats are to America what mold is to bread.
post #3 of 6 Old Apr 15th, 2019, 11:29 am Thread Starter

It probably wasn't a KLT rider,

because he was a rough looking biker type with the chain wallet, club colors, neck tattoos, unkept hair and greasy beard; he was having a conversation with an elderly looking nun, when he was over heard to say: "Well, I happen to be a superior mother myself..."
bmwcoolk1200 likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old Apr 15th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Garage

My LT has a mind of her own. My brother Doug gave me his 2000 LT when he bought a new K1600GT. I call her “Shatzi” and have her name on my license plate frame. When I went to the local BMW dealer they all asked me with a straight face, “what does ‘Shatzi’ mean?’ (Is BMW German?). When I got back from the dealer my brother and I checked over the LT and found that several fairing screws were missing. Doug had the hardest time replacing them to the point of swearing that it was never that hard a job. When finished he walked the LT out of the garage, squeezed the from t brake to stop resulting in a brake fluid bath all over his legs (you guessed it, later replaced with Spiegler brake lines). Doug and I couldn’t stop laughing, we realized that Shatzi was really p—ssed at him for giving her up for a younger fraulein.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shatzi 2000 BMW K1200LT.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	151025  
CharlieVT likes this.

Currently owned,
1966 R50
2000 K LT
post #5 of 6 Old Today, 5:14 pm

Humorous? Ok. That would be the time I dropped her not once, but twice at a dead standstill. Got Stella out to the street to head out on a nice long ride. SWMBO puts a foot on the peg and swings her other leg over, but a little short and didn't quite make it all the way onto the seat. So I leaned left to try to keep her from falling off to the right, but she corrected her position left at the exact same time, and over we went. Picked up the bike, got back on, and SWMBO put her foot on the left peg before I was quite ready, and I leaned to the right to compensate exactly when she hit the seat, and over we went again, in the opposite direction. Just couldn't help but laugh, and any neighbors who saw us had to be falling out of their chairs. Seriously considered canceling the trip, but off we went, without further mishap.
CharlieVT likes this.

Mark(Big Poppa) and Julie(Fireball)
'06 K1200LT Magnesium Black "Stella"
Glendale, AZ
BMWMOA#206887
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 9:19 pm

Garage

K1200LT: The first and only bike that needed a new front tire because the sides were bald. Still plenty of tread in the center and all over on the rear tire. Really fun to see the less skilled supersport ride's eyes when I stayed with them on Bear Creek road, best to play with the stereo when you went by them at the next turn out.
Mark65 likes this.

Well, to be Frank,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'd have to change my screen name

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in