What is the good for the money bluetooth for my Shoei helmet - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Mar 25th, 2019, 10:29 pm Thread Starter

Garage
What is the good for the money bluetooth for my Shoei helmet

I am currently looking for opinions for a Bluetooth for my Shoei helmet.

Thank you.

Dan

1999 BMW K1200lt
1996 Honda Heilix CN250 scooter

Past motorcycles

1995 Kawasaki 750 Vulcan
1985 Honda 1200 Goldwing
1986 Honda 1200 Goldwing
1984 Honda 1200 Goldwing
1993 Honda 750cb Nighthawk
1984 Honda V42 (VF700C) Magna
1983 Yamaha XJ 750 Seca
1976 Yamaha XS650C Speical
1978 Yamaha DT175 Enduro
1967 Suzuki T125 Stinger
1965 Honda 50 Dream
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Mar 26th, 2019, 2:50 am

Re: What is the good for the money bluetooth for my Shoei helmet

I use a Sena 30 K and some of my friends have them as well. It gives you your phone and GPS directions straight to your headset. It also comes with its own built in FM radio.
Battery life is pretty good and I have never run out of battery while riding for most of the day. It's great to be able to talk to your riding buddies through the mesh system which in ideal conditions can have you talking up to a kilometer apart.
post #3 of 3 Old Mar 26th, 2019, 6:26 am
Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Re: What is the good for the money bluetooth for my Shoei helmet

I use a Cardo Scala Rider...not because it was the best, cheapest, or easiest to use but because it was what my riding buddies had purchased. Up until that time, I had never used any type of helmet radio. Therefore, my main concern was to go with what was most familiar to our group and gave me the best option of compatibility in being able to communicate with my friends...which is the main goal...right?

As far as I know, all major type radios offer the ability to connect with other Bluetooth compatible devices. As technology moves ahead (newer models), how they connect, and the learning curve to operate them is the variable.

My suggestion would be to get together with your predominant riding group (if you have one) and do your best to agree on what's best for the group in terms of connectivity and performance. I do a good bit of riding alone, but when we do get together, the ability to communicate as we ride makes for a much higher level of experience than possible only a few years back.

Never declare a cherished memory as "the best day of my life"...it will forever diminish the possibility for "Tomorrow" being the "Best Day!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in