3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky Chuck
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By EzyMount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Mar 9th, 2019, 10:47 am Thread Starter

Garage
PSA: Google Chrome notification

Hey guys, not sure where to put this but I deal in IT-related things and I got a bulletin a couple days ago from Google saying Chrome needs to be updated asap, they discovered a Zero-Day liability in the code and it is already being found on the open range. This came in on a tech forum notice but since the notice is now public just FYI for anyone who may not frequent tech data. I posted info how to update your Chrome, probably not an issue on this forum, just an abundance of caution.

First, go to the dropdown menu in Chrome on the right (click the vertical ellipsis) and select Help|About Google Chrome. You could also type chrome://settings/help in the address bar if you prefer, which takes you to the same dialog box. (Chrome will check for an update if you aren't current)

This will tell you if you have the current version running or if there is an update available. To be safe from this zero-day exploit, make sure that it says you are running version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build). If not, then Chrome should go and fetch the latest version and update your browser for you automatically.
sailor likes this.

Oklahoma City, OK. 2003 K1200 LT. "Remember men, if the women don't find ya handsome, at least let 'em find ya handy." Red Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Mar 9th, 2019, 11:29 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: PSA: Google Chrome notification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chuck View Post
Hey guys, not sure where to put this but I deal in IT-related things and I got a bulletin a couple days ago from Google saying Chrome needs to be updated asap, they discovered a Zero-Day liability in the code and it is already being found on the open range. This came in on a tech forum notice but since the notice is now public just FYI for anyone who may not frequent tech data. I posted info how to update your Chrome, probably not an issue on this forum, just an abundance of caution.

First, go to the dropdown menu in Chrome on the right (click the vertical ellipsis) and select Help|About Google Chrome. You could also type chrome://settings/help in the address bar if you prefer, which takes you to the same dialog box. (Chrome will check for an update if you aren't current)

This will tell you if you have the current version running or if there is an update available. To be safe from this zero-day exploit, make sure that it says you are running version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build). If not, then Chrome should go and fetch the latest version and update your browser for you automatically.
Good thing I donít use Chrome!
Ricky Chuck likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Mar 9th, 2019, 11:55 am

I don’t really trust any ‘Google’ related products / tech . I avoid any use I possibly can. I don’t even use ‘Google’ search engines at all. I am aware that they have hidden relationships with other sources we may use, which is fairly evident from the online retail market.

Their relationship with various gov departments are well known to many, esp if you have been in a position to observe those relationships and related technology. Some of it is valuable to the national defense and security of our nation, and some of it borders on private citizen, privacy and security concerns. Some refer to it as overreach ?

To close, I definitely do not object to tech practices, that help defend and protect our country and its citizens from the bad guys.

I do wish and expect, that my privacy and personal information should be protected and not dispensed in any way, especially for potential profit.
Ricky Chuck likes this.

Jim Lawson 2016 R1200RT
Retired to NC !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old Mar 9th, 2019, 1:21 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Re: PSA: Google Chrome notification

Hear both of you and approve. I'm a Firefox/Duck Duck Go guy myself for casual browsing, if I need to take more care or talk hobbies/politics I use Tor browser.

Oklahoma City, OK. 2003 K1200 LT. "Remember men, if the women don't find ya handsome, at least let 'em find ya handy." Red Green

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in