Okay I'll bite . . . for a K1200LT
1. Engine - running
2. Gear selection - in neutral
3. Clutch - disengaged
4. Throttle control - idling
5. If you can no brakes - front or rear
6. Turn the reverse knob clockwise until it locks into position at about 2:00 o'clock
On some older bikes the F (@ 12:00 o'clock) and R (@ 2:00 o'clock) sticker has been rubbed off
Be prepared to rock the bike back and forth slightly while turning the knob to engage
7. Press the starter button
8. Reverse will slowly engage
9. Continue to pressing off and on the starter button until you no longer need reverse
10. When done return reverse know to 12:00 o'clock position
Be prepared to rock the bike back and forth slightly while turning the knob to dis-engage
Note: if the bike needs to run up steep grade if may stall and not work . . .
Others will chime in I am sure!!
My 2₵ . . .