BBY in-tank fuel hoses - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By longride

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Dec 12th, 2018, 1:01 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

BBY in-tank fuel hoses

My BBY ordered arrived today so I am now without excuse in regard to getting my 72K maintenance (aka Alaska prep) underway. I ordered their nylon in-tank hose as the price was right and I was ordered spark plugs and such anyway.

They not only sent two flexible lines, but also sent two short pieces of nylon fuel line so that I don’t even have to cut off one end of the corrugated piece. However, I probably still still do that for two reasons:

1. I think it will make the loop smaller reducing the likelihood of it rubbing against the inside of the tank.

2. The ends of the corrugated hose have rings around them which look like they wold give a more secure purchase for the hose clamps. The short pieces provided by BBY are smoother than a baby’s butt. Probably would still deform enough under the clamps to be fine, but the ridged pieces seem like the smarter option.

I am again happy with my BBY purchase. In all my dealings with them, the only time I’ve really had a disagreement with them was when they shipped sinter pads for the rear of the LT even though both BMW and EBC don’t allow sintered pads with their rotors.

I am perplexed though why they sent only 6 clamps for 4 pieces of hose that would need 8 clamps to all be installed at once. Then again, I am not sure of any BMW model that would need all 4 pieces...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0B3E0E3E-9A6B-4151-A3B5-DFEE8D368260.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	148899  
bmwcoolk1200 likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Dec 12th, 2018, 1:07 pm

Garage
Re: BBY in-tank fuel hoses

I did the same kit a few months ago, and you want to cut the corrugated hoses down or they will rub the top of the tank. Mine are taller than the stock ones, but still have room before contacting anything. The kit went on well and will hopefully hold up fine. Been good so far.
Voyager likes this.

George

2004 K1200LT - Gray Ghost
post #3 of 3 Old Dec 12th, 2018, 9:53 pm

Re: BBY in-tank fuel hoses

Post pictures of the end result before installing the pump assembly again. Undoubtedly, it will look better than mine did. Pull the fuel sensor out and you can view how the pump and hoses set inside to make sure it isn't contacting anything. I would be cutting the straight part of the hoses shorter leaving enough space for the clamp as you said to make the loops smaller. I would also make the short straight piece shorter to bring the filter closer to the pump allowing a better bend with the corrugated portion.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in