Re: Time to Say Goodbye
Voyager, thanks for your input --- I guess that as of today, I would not pay what I'm asking either, lol ! I think the dealer low-balled me because he says he has to "go thru" the bike. Even though it's same local shop that maintained it since 2005. So I will hijack this thread to talk about bike values, in the hope of disclosing more info to ALL4BMW (Jerry) -
On our forum, in the classifieds are the following K1200LT's for sale :
1. '02 with 43k miles, farkled out, $4500 asking - SOLD it for $4K last week
2. '01 with 49k miles, fair cond, says $1000, maybe a misprint; posted last month
3. '03 with 28k miles, trailer, asking $10,500 !!! posted in december '17
4. '99 with 40k miles, mine, asking $3750 - will trade for almost anything !
5. '05 asking $6k -- obviously newer bikes bring more, like yours
There are 13 K bikes listed on CycleTrader in the state of Texas from $4 to $6500. Most of these are
at dealers. Low and high mileage. My dad would say about bikes and cars :
"Beauty is n the eye of the beholder"
"A vehicle is only worth what someone pays for it "
I am currently looking at another older Valkyrie, low miles, high price. Because that is what I like, and can currently afford. If I had endless wealth, I would be riding a new K1600 Bagger. To each his own; good luck to ALA4BMW