My $500 of
new parts has arrived from Hermy's ( pre 20% discount). It was disheartening just how small a box they came in. First picture only. I put a Quarter on top for scale.
Now it is time to start my winter ( really, winter? ) maintenance. With temps in the mid to high 70's, I don't want to miss out on some early riding.
List of to-Do's
1. fix the oil leak rearing its ugly head on the boot of my FD. Probably the pinion seal as I didn't replace that when I did the crown bearing but did replace the output shaft bearing.
2. Install a Smartire TPMS on both sets of my wheels. Thank you JZ.
3. Install my set of Mr Injector cleaned set of injectors.
4. Install a new O2 sensor.
5. Install a new Slipstreamer S-122C Windscreen
6. Change all oil fluids.
7. If trans drain plug shows too much gunk, replace input shaft bearing and possibly all shaft end bearings.
If Trans comes off
8. If trans comes off, replace engine output shaft with rebuilt output shaft to minimize the " Box Of Rocks " noise I have that is far worse than any other LT I have listened to.
9. Clean up starter, replace seal, bearing, o-rings and examine brushes. Replace if necessary. Missed doing this service when I did my clutch. No, it is not the 3 brush LT plate but the rest of the parts fit the LT starter.
10. Rebuild water/oil pump while I have it off.
11. Replace timing chain guide kit. Probably doesn't need it at 60K M but Hey.
We will see how far I get into this list and what I might save for next winter or as required.
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI – Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT – Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.