Which Hyperpro steering damper for my 2000 K1200LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Feb 19th, 2018, 3:45 pm Thread Starter

Which Hyperpro steering damper for my 2000 K1200LT

I was going to try resealing my original steering damper, but having removed it this afternoon I find the shaft has corrosion damage with pitting and the surface crome damaged.

So it looks like I need a new one, there are 2 Hyperpro available the CSC. This is one of the top products in the range of 'regular' steering dampers. It is a linear damping steering damper with 22 clicks for fine tuning. It gives the rider comfort in riding, and the assurance of not getting knocked off by the quick steering movements of the bike.

and the RSC. This one is unique of it's kind and is superior to other steering dampers. It behaves like a linear steering damper, while normal riding and it has all the functionalities of the CSC steering damper. However, when it comes to the real job, like tank slappers and wobbling, whereas the CSC steering damper will control the very quick movements, the RSC will react in a direct way with a lot of extra progressive damping to even-out and cancel the quick movement at the very beginning.

So the question is which one should I get, anyone here got any experience of these.

Geoff.

Last edited by geoffb; Feb 19th, 2018 at 4:02 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Feb 19th, 2018, 8:01 pm
cws

Garage
Re: Which Hyperpro steering damper for my 2000 K1200LT

Hi Geoff.
I installed the HyperPro RSC version on my 2005 LT a number of years ago. My OEM damper wasn't leaking, but I had 2 issues, ongoing wheel wobble (tyres) which came and went over several sets of tyres... don't have it any more thankfully...
and secondly a slightly "loose" feeling in the front end.... this might actually be a head bearing (?) eventually needs replacing at some point, but if seemed to lessen after I redid the fork seals and oil.
Changing to the RSC damper certainly helped my front end feel, so I have no concerns about saying go for it.
BTW, MY K1200LT has around 115,000km on it.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Last edited by cws; Feb 20th, 2018 at 6:32 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in