fresh clutch - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By dvx216
  • 1 Post By mtrevelino
  • 2 Post By beech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Feb 1st, 2018, 12:48 pm Thread Starter

fresh clutch

The ride from Mineral City to Orrville Oh. yesterday was the best I didn't have even one bug hit my shield.New clutch sure feels good.Jamie the mechanic took care of me and my LT.All the dealers didn't went anything to do with the job by the prices they quoted.I guess that's what happens when your bike is older then a couple of years old.Had the job done for around $1,700 parts and labor.Plus he fixed some other little things when he had it apart.All new seals, slave cylinder, clutch and spring plate.Clutch was just what this 2003 LTc with over 100K needed.I didn't want to trailer her home so I got out the cold weather gear plus a few more layers underneath and beside my feet getting cold from letting them hang down the ride was all good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k1200lt.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	905.9 KB
ID:	137897  
Patric and beech like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Feb 1st, 2018, 1:09 pm

Re: fresh clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvx216 View Post
The ride from Mineral City to Orrville Oh. yesterday was the best I didn't have even one bug hit my shield.New clutch sure feels good.Jamie the mechanic took care of me and my LT.All the dealers didn't went anything to do with the job by the prices they quoted.I guess that's what happens when your bike is older then a couple of years old.Had the job done for around $1,700 parts and labor.Plus he fixed some other little things when he had it apart.All new seals, slave cylinder, clutch and spring plate.Clutch was just what this 2003 LTc with over 100K needed.I didn't want to trailer her home so I got out the cold weather gear plus a few more layers underneath and beside my feet getting cold from letting them hang down the ride was all good.
Nice looking bike there! The dealer is not cheap here either.
post #3 of 5 Old Feb 1st, 2018, 1:56 pm

That is a great price to get that all done. The dealer would easily be $2,500 plus.
Patric likes this.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old Feb 1st, 2018, 8:51 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Cool ! well maybe cold ...January riding up there can be fun! We bought a 1986 K100/ EML GT2 sidecar rig one time in St Luis MO. the third week of January, I road it home to Birch Run MI O what fun that ride was.

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
2010 R1200GSA ...1987 Helix...
AMA Charter Lifemember
37 Year Member of both BMWMOA & BMWRA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 Old Feb 2nd, 2018, 12:37 am

I like it when people make a commitment to keep an old friend on the road. You're ready for many more miles now. That is a very fair price for the work involved.
Patric and Voyager like this.

Beech

I change your tires $50, you buy them on the web.
K13S, S1000R (gone through a few GS's & RT's)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in