A testimonial and my thanks - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 6Likes
  • 6 Post By garage monster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jan 29th, 2018, 1:28 am Thread Starter

A testimonial and my thanks

My 2000 LT is a joy to ride and has been for over 2 years. I am an IBA member and hope to do a CC50 this spring but I always worried about the final drive failure. A couple of months ago I decided that even with 43000 miles I would feel better if my final drive was rebuilt. I contacted Saddleman. I have an account at work with UPS so I shipped it out and included the label to ship it back.

It was barely gone for a week. I was impressed. The masking tape I placed over the speedo sensor hole was returned with a rubber plug in it. The fill and drain plugs appeared to have new crush washers. The old parts were all in a plastic bag and it was neatly packed with a receipt and a lifetime labor warranty.

Saddleman said he has done about a hundred of these and no returns. I feel much better and I would highly recommend him. The best $400 I have spent on this bike.

THANK YOU SADDLEMAN and all the forum members who have no idea their posts have helped me in some way.
Dick, ibbones, bmwriderm and 3 others like this.

Still rolling in Southern Oregon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jan 29th, 2018, 5:38 am

Re: A testimonial and my thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
My 2000 LT is a joy to ride and has been for over 2 years. I am an IBA member and hope to do a CC50 this spring but I always worried about the final drive failure. A couple of months ago I decided that even with 43000 miles I would feel better if my final drive was rebuilt. I contacted Saddleman. I have an account at work with UPS so I shipped it out and included the label to ship it back.

It was barely gone for a week. I was impressed. The masking tape I placed over the speedo sensor hole was returned with a rubber plug in it. The fill and drain plugs appeared to have new crush washers. The old parts were all in a plastic bag and it was neatly packed with a receipt and a lifetime labor warranty.

Saddleman said he has done about a hundred of these and no returns. I feel much better and I would highly recommend him. The best $400 I have spent on this bike.

THANK YOU SADDLEMAN and all the forum members who have no idea their posts have helped me in some way.
I will probably do the same when I get my LT, these FD's need to be set up properly.
post #3 of 3 Old Jan 29th, 2018, 5:46 am

Re: A testimonial and my thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by garage monster View Post

Yea. He is the go to for final drives. And piece of mind knowing it will not ever be an issue.

2004 K1200LT. Big Mama
1999 Suzuki Intruder VL1500LC. Betty Lou.
I'm a 4 percenter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in