bought my first BMW (LT) last week - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Dec 11th, 2006, 7:39 pm Thread Starter

bought my first BMW (LT) last week

well, i did it.....been riding since the mid 60's on a variety of bikes....never a BMW, until last week....bought a mint 05 LT off of this site last wednesday and could not be happier.....5 days and 750 miles of ownership (quick trip san diego to death valley and back this past weekend) and i could not be more enthusiastic ref the LT....

a comment on the seller.... i had a problem initially, not the fault of the seller....he could not be more accomodating and helpful......i quickly fixed the problem over the phone with his help (i think it was really my fault) .... buying off of this site gave me a greater sense of security vs out of the newspaper, etc....i just felt comfortable buying from someone who is a part of this community....thanks Ron, i appreciate the help and honesty....

getting ready for the 6k service and will be doing it myself this weekend with help from the comments on this site.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Dec 11th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1209
well, i did it.....been riding since the mid 60's on a variety of bikes....never a BMW, until last week....bought a mint 05 LT off of this site last wednesday and could not be happier.....5 days and 750 miles of ownership (quick trip san diego to death valley and back this past weekend) and i could not be more enthusiastic ref the LT....

a comment on the seller.... i had a problem initially, not the fault of the seller....he could not be more accomodating and helpful......i quickly fixed the problem over the phone with his help (i think it was really my fault) .... buying off of this site gave me a greater sense of security vs out of the newspaper, etc....i just felt comfortable buying from someone who is a part of this community....thanks Ron, i appreciate the help and honesty....

getting ready for the 6k service and will be doing it myself this weekend with help from the comments on this site.......
Hey, Bum ....

Oh, no - wait: Hey Steve!! (just jumped off your profile page and that Occupation thang stuck with me!!). Yeah, thats it.

Welcome to the fambly. Sure glad everythang worked out on your most excellent adventure purchase. Sounds like Ron did right by ya. Always good to read the satisfactory posts.

Good luck on the 6k service. With the help of all the information archived on this site, plus the helpful folks standing by ready to answer any question that comes up, you should find it a pleasant experience. And the 12k will come lots easier for ya too.

Take care, Steve - ride safe.
post #3 of 5 Old Dec 11th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Congrats on the new bike! I know you'll love it I sure do, what color is it? We just had a tech day in Temucula at Greydudes, don't miss the next one. I see we have the same occupation, great to be a bum with a great bike!

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350

post #4 of 5 Old Dec 11th, 2006, 10:39 pm

Thumbs up

Congrats on your new bike. I love my LT so much that I've decided to own two motorcycles at the same time (for the first time in 35 years of riding). I tried to own a new R1200GS on Saturday, but a cage zombie picked me off. I'll succeed yet!

Welcome to the community - there's not a better one out there!

Regards,
John
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 K1200 LTC - Canyon Red
post #5 of 5 Old Dec 12th, 2006, 5:13 am

Congrats on your new rig! I cant wait till I'm a "Bum" so I can put the miles on the LT it deserves...but probably wont be my current LT considering I have 30yrs to go.....Wonder what the 2030 LT will be like

Enjoy your new ride and stay safe.

-Ekim
2005 K1200LT (R.I.P.)
Manchester, MD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in