Ebc - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Dec 11th, 2006, 4:43 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs down Ebc

Hey All,

I have had the EBCs on for 5000 miles now and by the weekend they will be of and you can find them in the pond. Sorry but they just do not work for me. I know the board will hate me but too bad. I have ridden all types of brakes for 36 yrs and these just dont do it. I just ordered some CARBONE LORRAINE brakes. I should have them by Friday. I will let you all know when I get some miles behind me. Dont be to harsh on me it Just my opinion.
Have a good ride you all.

Zeke

45 years riding and still more places to see.
2002 K1200LT
2016 R1200RT
IBA # 41935
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Dec 11th, 2006, 4:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
Hey All,

I have had the EBCs on for 5000 miles now and by the weekend they will be of and you can find them in the pond. Sorry but they just do not work for me. I know the board will hate me but too bad. I have ridden all types of brakes for 36 yrs and these just dont do it. I just ordered some CARBONE LORRAINE brakes. I should have them by Friday. I will let you all know when I get some miles behind me. Dont be to harsh on me it Just my opinion.

Zeke
No problem with you not likin' the EBC's, but do you think you could state your *reason* for not likin' 'em?

Jinks ('86fxrs, '07 FLTR)

Remember, "No good deed goes unpunished"
post #3 of 13 Old Dec 11th, 2006, 5:08 pm

Quote:
Hey All,

Zeke
Hey, Zeke - wouldn't by any chance you be tossin' 'em into MY pond, would it?? I'm just about ready to order a set of EBCs for ole Toad, butt unless your set is buggered up or defective, I'd be glad to add to your wallet thickness a leetle bit. I'm assuming they are just the rear pads? Just hate to see the rest of their wear life go in YOUR pond!!

post #4 of 13 Old Dec 11th, 2006, 6:47 pm Thread Starter

Jinks & Dick;

Many people say that the EBCs are consistent braking. Well I give them that, they are, ALL THE TIME. Im used to brakes that get hot and start to brake more with less pressure needed. So when I coming to stop or into a fast corner they always stay the same. I took them out broke the glaze down and bedded them in again same trouble. Maybe its just the way Im used to braking over the years. I do tend to be a little aggressive. But I know many are happy with them.

Hey Dick;

These are fronts. we can make a deal. Send me an IM and we can talk.

Zeke

2002 K1200LT
2016 R1200RT
IBA # 41935
post #5 of 13 Old Dec 11th, 2006, 8:04 pm

why ?

Zeke:
Respect your opinion (Everybody has one )
Just for my edification

I am always looking for the next best thing

Why do you not like them ?

Have ben running them all last year and there are quite on my 02 and perform well.

To each his own

Quote:
Hey All,

Zeke

Rich Kirker
2002 LTC Pacific Blue
Caliper Moto Lights, Hyper light brake lights, Spiegler brake lines, Ride West side markers, Grip puppies, HyperPro Springs and CA HID Kit.
BMWMOA #124306
2009 Honda Shadow (Wife's)
Blue & Pearl
"Well Itís not rocket science but absolutely a nightmare. At the end of the day you had a fairly unique situation that I personally at this moment in time could see me having as well 24/7. With all due respect, it shouldnít of happened."
post #6 of 13 Old Dec 11th, 2006, 8:42 pm

EBCs on the front, rear, or both. Sintered, or non-sintered?!

My opinion? Keep the OEM pads up front, Non-sintered EBCs on the rear. The PERFECT combination.
post #7 of 13 Old Dec 12th, 2006, 10:25 am

Talking

Well damn, I hate to admit this but Joe is right on this one. But donít get too excited it DONíT happen all that oftenÖ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Keep the OEM pads up front, Non-sintered EBCs on the rear. The PERFECT combination.

Tom
1999, Sweetheart
I live in my own little world, but itís okay they know me here
post #8 of 13 Old Dec 12th, 2006, 11:06 am

Thumbs up

I also agree with Joe on the EBC non-sintered pads for the rear. No noise!!!
I don't mind the sintered EBC in the front though.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 Old Dec 12th, 2006, 11:14 am
fas

Carbon Lorraine

Quote:
Hey All,

Have a good ride you all. Zeke
Z,

Mind tellling us what you paid for them? Looking forward to hearing about how you like them. I ride a bit on the aggressive side too and I am always seeking better feel in the brakes. What made you go with that brand of pads?

Rob Nelson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #10 of 13 Old Dec 12th, 2006, 11:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
I don't mind the sintered EBC in the front though.
My only contention with sintered EBCs up front is that you are going to wear out your discs quicker with a sintered pad. And I found that the OEM pads were both quiet and effective, so why change? Just my

On my new GT, the thing stops on a dime and I haven't heard a peep out of the brakes since the bike was new. So I'll most likely stay with OEM front & rear. And I figure that's a little bone I can throw to my local dealer to keep my level of service high, and the relationship solid.
post #11 of 13 Old Dec 12th, 2006, 4:56 pm Thread Starter

Rob;

I have the sintered HH up front, I have the ferodos in the rear dont wear the rear much.
I found these Carbone Lorraines at the GPs at Laguna. I hear they are very big overseas. I Checked all over the internet and everyone including the magazines love them. I too like to try different types.
Note: When I raced almost everyone loved Dunlops, but they never tried anything else. So that year I tried Dunlops(yuk),Michelins,Avons,and Metzlers.
Since then I try almost anything to get a better machine for me.
I will let you know in about 2 weeks. I do about 600 a week, I will know quick.

Zeke

2002 K1200LT
2016 R1200RT
IBA # 41935
post #12 of 13 Old Dec 13th, 2006, 2:05 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
My only contention with sintered EBCs up front is that you are going to wear out your discs quicker with a sintered pad. And I found that the OEM pads were both quiet and effective, so why change?
And the OEM front pads are already sintered.

Good to hear they've worked out the brake noise issue on the new GT though.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #13 of 13 Old Dec 13th, 2006, 2:24 pm
fas

Cool Carbon Loraine VS EBC VS OEM

Quote:
Rob;

I have the sintered HH up front, I have the ferodos in the rear dont wear the rear much.
I found these Carbone Lorraines at the GPs at Laguna. I hear they are very big overseas. I Checked all over the internet and everyone including the magazines love them. I too like to try different types.
Note: When I raced almost everyone loved Dunlops, but they never tried anything else. So that year I tried Dunlops(yuk),Michelins,Avons,and Metzlers.
Since then I try almost anything to get a better machine for me.
I will let you know in about 2 weeks. I do about 600 a week, I will know quick.

Zeke
Zeke,

Thanks much for the post about Carbon Lorraine pads. I'm very interested in what you think about those pads. My 2006 GT brakes are still dead quiet after nearly 5,000 miles VS my 2002 LT that was really noisey for 16,000 miles. I don't mind disc brake noise IF THEY WORK GREAT. The GT has an organic rear pad. Anxious to see how long they last VS the fronts. With the high compression of my GT, I use the brakes a lot less than on the LT around town.

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in