Replacing Low Beam Bulb on 2005 LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Dec 10th, 2006, 1:48 pm Thread Starter

Replacing Low Beam Bulb on 2005 LT

I have a low beam bulb and one of the bulbs in the lower lens of a 2005 LT burned out. I see there is no problem to replace the bulb in the lower lens. The one on the left side of the lower lens is burned out. Like I say it is easy to change. The low beam bulb in the upper lens looks to be a little harder to access. I have a Clymer service manual and it says you can remove it from under the faring. Before trying I thought I would check to see if anyone has had any problem doing it without removing the fairing. Another thing are these bulbs available anywhere other than from a BMW dealer? My dealer is not open on Mondays and I would like to replace them before Tuesday.

Jerry Mathison
Woodbine, Iowa
2008 Gold Wing
2005 Ocean Blue (Sold)
BMWMOA #25294

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Dec 10th, 2006, 2:09 pm

The low beam bulb is a standard H7 available anywhere, just don't touch the glass with your hands, they burn so hot that the oil on your skin will shorten their life.
In regards to changing it without removing anything,
yes it can be done if you're an acrobat and can stand on your head while doing it.
The first time can be difficult, it gets easier after you've done it once or twice.

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #3 of 4 Old Dec 10th, 2006, 5:02 pm Thread Starter

Smile Replacing Low Beam Bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBuffalo
The low beam bulb is a standard H7 available anywhere, just don't touch the glass with your hands, they burn so hot that the oil on your skin will shorten their life.
In regards to changing it without removing anything,
yes it can be done if you're an acrobat and can stand on your head while doing it.
The first time can be difficult, it gets easier after you've done it once or twice.
Hans

Thanks for the information. I went to Walmart got an H7 bulb, which was the same. I had no problem changing it. I had my bike on a lift so I could see pretty well what to do. Thanks again.

Jerry Mathison
Woodbine, Iowa
2008 Gold Wing
2005 Ocean Blue (Sold)
BMWMOA #25294

post #4 of 4 Old Dec 10th, 2006, 6:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lights Out" Jerrym
Before trying I thought I would check to see if anyone has had any problem doing it without removing the fairing.
I installed an HID w/o removing the fairing. Do yourself a favor and buy an HID.

"Try it, you'll LIKE it!"

Ride On!

Goodyear, AZ
"Yeah but its a warm heat!"

'13 SILVA K1600GTL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in