D.A. Pins...Check these bad boys out!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old Dec 2nd, 2006, 8:47 pm Thread Starter

Talking D.A. Pins...Check these bad boys out!!!

THEY'RE IN!!!

and they look fanfriggintastic, I am blown away. Even those of you who thought you wouldn't want one because of the whole "D.A." thing are going to want to reconsider, the lettering on them came out as subtle as I requested, and you have to really stare to even see the letters. They're bigger than I expected, and the detail is fantastic.

I am packing those who pre-ordered tonight and tomorrow, will drop in the mail Monday (those from overseas, I'll ship Tuesday or so).

Everyone else, there are some left, but they aren't gonna' last, so hurry up.
I also have a handful of the stickers left as well. To make things less complicated, pricing is as follows:

Sticker sets (see pics below and the thread further down): $4.65 per set, US (if you're from outside the U.S. email me...we'll figure out shipping)

Pins: $5.87 each.

This includes the envelope and standard postage.

If you wanna round it up to $5 and $6, I won't complain as I am gonna' "take it in the shorts" on some of this, that I fronted the cash for, anyway.

To "order"...

Best is to paypal....my account is [email protected] make sure to include your full address and a phone number

alternately, you can mail me a check, but email me when you do so I can set aside the sticker sets and pins to make sure you don't get screwed...

Pete Van Dyke
Institute for Law Enforcement Administration
5201 Democracy Drive
Plano, TX 75024

my email is [email protected]

Pics a' plenty below. It was tough to show the level of detail, I did my best...I included the obligatory self-deprivating shot as well, those who pay attention will get the joke.

Pete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0463.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	8458   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0469.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	8459   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0485.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	8460   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0489.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	8461   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0492.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	8462  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0340.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	714.9 KB
ID:	8464   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0341.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	470.7 KB
ID:	8465   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0336.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	363.9 KB
ID:	8467   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0477.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	516.0 KB
ID:	8468  

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.

Last edited by petevandyke; Dec 2nd, 2006 at 8:50 pm. Reason: graphics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old Dec 2nd, 2006, 10:15 pm

Thanks Pete

Thanks for the pics... the merchandise really looks great!

I cant wait to add the pin to my jacket and become a proud supporter of DA

The stickers look great too. I wasn't planning on slapping it on the bike, but they look pretty darn slick. It's nice that no one except the insiders know what DA stands for. Maybe it'll be grounds for good conversation when people ask me about the bike (or the sticker).

Great job on this one Pete! Thanks again
post #3 of 22 Old Dec 2nd, 2006, 10:33 pm

Thumbs up money sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevandyke
THEY'RE IN!!!

and they look fanfriggintastic, I am blown away. Even those of you who thought you wouldn't want one because of the whole "D.A." thing are going to want to reconsider, the lettering on them came out as subtle as I requested, and you have to really stare to even see the letters. They're bigger than I expected, and the detail is fantastic.

I am packing those who pre-ordered tonight and tomorrow, will drop in the mail Monday (those from overseas, I'll ship Tuesday or so).

Everyone else, there are some left, but they aren't gonna' last, so hurry up.
I also have a handful of the stickers left as well. To make things less complicated, pricing is as follows:

Sticker sets (see pics below and the thread further down): $4.65 per set, US (if you're from outside the U.S. email me...we'll figure out shipping)

Pins: $5.87 each.

This includes the envelope and standard postage.

If you wanna round it up to $5 and $6, I won't complain as I am gonna' "take it in the shorts" on some of this, that I fronted the cash for, anyway.

To "order"...

Best is to paypal....my account is [email protected] make sure to include your full address and a phone number

alternately, you can mail me a check, but email me when you do so I can set aside the sticker sets and pins to make sure you don't get screwed...

Pete Van Dyke
Institute for Law Enforcement Administration
5201 Democracy Drive
Plano, TX 75024

my email is [email protected]

Pics a' plenty below. It was tough to show the level of detail, I did my best...I included the obligatory self-deprivating shot as well, those who pay attention will get the joke.

Pete

Pete,
I just paid you for a sticker set via paypal. 10:30 PM saturday evening. Thanks
Vern Herzberger

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====

post #4 of 22 Old Dec 2nd, 2006, 11:18 pm Thread Starter

stickers are just about gone, anyone else wanting them please email me first to make sure I still have 'em!

Vern, you're good. Should order some pins though, I say!

Pete

post #5 of 22 Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 7:46 am

The pins look great, well done !

2002 K1200LT SE
post #6 of 22 Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 8:09 am

What is the DA meaning ?????
I want 2 pins..... do you still any ??
post #7 of 22 Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 8:12 am

Garage
I ordered two!

Pete, again, Great Job!

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #8 of 22 Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 8:15 am

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmo
What is the DA meaning ?????
I want 2 pins..... do you still any ??
Dropper's Anonymous!

Not that I've ever dropped my LT....ever....in my driveway....twice....or at the last large ride I attended in front of 100's of other riders.....or two minutes after getting her home from the dealer.........

Okay, now I will hide in corner with shame :-)

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #9 of 22 Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 11:55 am Thread Starter

D.A. what's it mean?

I've got pins, but no more stickers.

D.A. came about after yet another barrage of confessional posts on the forums when someone started a thread with "ok, I have to tell SOMEONE, I dropped my precious LT today..." and shared his story.

The bottom line is, we've ALL tipped it over (well, ok there are maybe a handful who haven't)...I dumped mine in September when, exhausted, I pulled into a real dump of a gas station and didn't see the diesel fuel spill that acted like ice...fortunately the one skill I am a 10th degree master at is picking up a downed motor!

So we on the forum talked for a while and I proposed that, like Alcoholics Anonymous, we should modify it to Droppers Anonymous, because EVERYONE on the forum has "been there, done that" which made everyone laugh.

After months of others stepping up and talking about how they forgot to put the sidestand down and watched their babies tip over, or parked uphill and watched it tip, or had trouble getting it off the centerstand and ended up hearing the crunch that sickens us all...but three days later lets us laugh about it, I decided to step up to the plate and make the stickers and the pins...with the DA on it being a "only for those in the know" kinda' thing.

Then someone, maybe even me, suggested the dual meaning of "Dumb Ass" as a secondary meaning...and a secondary use......that if you have a buddy who has busted your chops for YOU dropping yours and later he/she drops theirs, you could whip out a pin that you've kept in your saddlebag for months and say, "welcome to the club, dumbass!"

so there you go!

In another thread, we chatted about how funny it would be to have someone see the TINY "DA" on the pin and say "hey, what's the "DA" stand for?"

and reply "Don't ask"

and have them reply "no, really, what's it mean?"

"DON'T ASK."

"C'mon, tell me, don't be an a**hole!"

"DON'T ASK" pointing to D and A

I've got about 40 left because I had to buy 100 to make the minimum, paypal is best.

post #10 of 22 Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 4:25 pm

Pete --

Almost look like crime scene photos with the ruler and other objects for size reference. . .

I'll take a couple of pins, and a couple of sticker sets, because we all know it is more a matter of "when" than 'if." I can PayPal the money or save you the fee and hand you the cash next time I see you. Your choice.

AK

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #11 of 22 Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 11:27 pm Thread Starter

Ant'ny, if it were a crime scene photo from your dept., I'd have used a Krispy Kreme for reference, instead of a ruler...

of course, if it were for both of us, a regulation "three mile island" hooters hot wing and a pint glass of beer (diet coke for me) would work just as well...

Everyone else, welcome Deputy Chief Kay here to the forum and to the world of BMW motorcycles...somehow his initiation is coming with the purchase of a used bike from our own eljeffe...talk about dumb luck!

It'll be a little while before he gets used to looking in the rear view mirror and NOT seeing it shake and vibrate...

post #12 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2006, 6:55 am

Quote:
somehow his initiation is coming with the purchase of a used bike from our own eljeffe...talk about dumb luck!
Ahhh, that explains his reference to taking it to a detail shop to get the dust off. That poor bike hasn't turned a wheel since El Jeffe got the GT.

Let us hope that there isn't any personality transfer along with the bike

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #13 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2006, 9:45 am Thread Starter

IMPORTANT--Stickers Sold Out/Deadline for Re-Order, no exceptions (ouch)

oh Jesus, can you imagine? Then we'd have two Intel sources, one with super secret insider sources, another with gen-u-ine law enforcement intel, informing us of corporate leaks from Bee Emmm Dubba Yew...

==============================================
==============================================

OK, everyone, I am officially OVER-SOLD on stickers (and for weeks I thought I would be stuck with a stack of them). This means that I now have to order MORE to meet those who paypal-ed their orders. Fortunately, because i already paid the "art fee," and it was MY mistake for not keeping a closer count on the stickers, it's not gonna' cost me too much extra per set and I wouldn't feel right asking anyone for more money per set, so i am not gonna!

So there's a new final deadline for anyone who wants stickers, after which I am NOT honoring any more requests. If you want sticker set(s), I HAVE to know by midnight, Central Standard Time, Sunday December 10th.

People who ordered stickers AND pins, I'll ship the pins today (yes, even those overseas), with apologies for the wait for the stickers. Those who haven't gotten their stickers yet, I am sorry, I will ship them by Wednesday, December 13th, please understand.

Pete

post #14 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2006, 10:16 pm

Maybe that's why the LT was so quiet -- Just needs to have the dust and carbon blown out of it before the pipes start to rumble loudly like exhaust pipes should, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Ahhh, that explains his reference to taking it to a detail shop to get the dust off. That poor bike hasn't turned a wheel since El Jeffe got the GT.

Let us hope that there isn't any personality transfer along with the bike

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #15 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2006, 10:34 pm

The rear view mirror may shake and vibrate, but think of all the fun I have setting off all of those car alarms when I ride through the neighborhood! Loud pipes and shiny thingies are just additional safety features, at least that's what I told my wife when I bought them (she bought me the bike -- good girl). Look at all of the pretty reflections on the garage door.

Quote:
It'll be a little while before he gets used to looking in the rear view mirror and NOT seeing it shake and vibrate...

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

and many, many others.

post #16 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2006, 10:44 pm Thread Starter

Hmmmmmmm....

Funny.....but when I referred to my wife as "shiny" and "loud" she stopped having (s.....e......x) with me. I think she just was lookin' for an excuse...

GRIN

You'll like the LT, Ant'ny, it doesn't take four hours to DRY after you wash it to keep from leaving water spots on the chrome...

post #17 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2006, 10:50 pm Thread Starter

Oh, and Rob...if there were an RT D.A. club, I'd have you beat, I dropped mine IN FRONT OF THE SHOWROOM, on a gorgeous day, with about 40 cars waiting at a red-light (many honked to show their empathy--yeah, that's why they honked), and every single one of the dealer employees working that day.

Thank DOG my mentor/valued friend Dick Rothermel happened to be freshening up his coffee at the moment and missed the "show," he still kids me about it, but if he had actually WITNESSED it? I'd have had to have traded it in on a Silverwing Scooter or somethin'

Hurry folks, less than fifteen pins left...yeah, out of a HUNDRED. Wasn't there a post a little while ago about "who the hell would WANT one of those 'Dumb Ass' pins?"

post #18 of 22 Old Dec 5th, 2006, 5:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy5211
Maybe that's why the LT was so quiet -- Just needs to have the dust and carbon blown out of it before the pipes start to rumble loudly like exhaust pipes should, right?
I've ridden with El Jeffe, I promise you, it's good and blowed out. Since he bought a GT, I had to buy one to keep up with him.

Put a Remus carbon can on her, she'll rumble. I loved the Remus on my LT.

Reminds me of an old song by Men at Work:
"Can you hear, can you hear them thunder? You better run, you better take cover."

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #19 of 22 Old Dec 5th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Thumbs up DA Pins received

Pete, you da man! The pins look great. Anyone that even thinks they want one needs to get their order in.

Great detail. Now I meed to find a good spot to pin to.

And yes, I am going to be using the "Don't ask" response, although I am definitely in the droppers anonymous club.

Thanks again for the leg work on this.

James

James Hart
2002 LTE Titan Silver
1992 Yamaha Virago 750 (given to friend)
River Oaks, TX
post #20 of 22 Old Dec 5th, 2006, 5:41 pm Thread Starter

wow, I mailed them YESTERDAY...I see you're in Texas, but sheesh, I can't count on USPS to send me a letter within a month, so this is good...

Glad you liked it, I TOLD YOU SO!

lol

post #21 of 22 Old Dec 6th, 2006, 8:02 am

Ordered Another one

Hey Pete,

I just placed an order for another pin via paypal for my Wife who earned it over the Thanksgiving weekend when we had a parking lot mishap (rain+ drainage grate + big pothole masked by water + fully loaded LT = low speed drop/crash )

Thanks again!

-Ekim
2005 K1200LT (R.I.P.)
Manchester, MD

post #22 of 22 Old Dec 6th, 2006, 10:58 am Thread Starter

Exclamation Shipping Update---please Read

I received FOUR private messages this morning asking "did you ship my pin" questions, so i thought I'd head off the rest with a posting...

Everyone that ordered PINS only and pre-paid via paypal or checks that would have been received by me before Dec 1 had their goodies packaged and mailed from the Plano, TX post office Monday morning.

Now, I don't know why, but mail from this neck of the woods takes an extra day or two to get to many areas of the continental U.S.---when I send stuff to Chicago as an example, with a first class stamp, it's typically five days before it's received (I hypothesize that somewhere in the chain, in Texas or Oklahoma, or perhaps Arkansas, they are still using the actual Pony Express).

Soooooo.....

If you haven't gotten your pin yet, and it's Wednesday...roughly 50 hours since I placed them into the mailbox at the post office, so this shouldn't surprise anyone...please don't fret. I would anticipate a full 5-6 days before the smiling USPS guy hands you your envelope.

IF you have not received your goodies by next Monday's mail delivery, then reach out to me at [email protected] and we'll figure out what to do next...I obviously didn't put tracking on the envelopes as that would have cost more than the pins themselves.

Now, those who ordered stickers only, prior to November 25th, should already have received them...

If you placed an order for sticker(s) and pin(s) OR placed an order for sticker(s) or both after the 25th, then I've run into the unfortunate circumstance of having run out of the stickers, and am going to have to have another "run" of stickers done.

I am waiting until after this upcoming Sunday's deadling (see above) to determine the final count, as these are going to cost me significantly more than the previous ones did, although I will not pass on the additional cost to anyone on the forum. Apologies for the additional wait time, but I hope you understand.

Once I place that order, the turn-around, because they already have the artwork digitized, is about 24 hours or so. i anticipate packaging the remaining orders and mailing them by the end of the week next week (I am having that spinal surgery Wednesday, but was told i will be able to go back to work Friday), add 5-7 days, and this is a done deal...the next goodie is for someone else to shoulder.

As of 11am today, there are less than ten pins left, and if you want stickers, you need to paypal your order or email me and make sure you get confirmation, telling me you are going to send me a check by SUNDAY.

Hope everyone likes how they came out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in