2000 K1200lt ABS reset - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jul 31st, 2017, 10:17 pm Thread Starter

Unhappy 2000 K1200lt ABS reset

I tried the ABS reset with pin 2 on the diagnostic plug where I had no power, and pin 21 on the ABS plug the lights would go solid but as soon as I cycled the key switch they started flashing alternately. Not sure what to do about no power to pin 2 on the Diagnostic plug the wiring looks good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jul 31st, 2017, 11:10 pm

Re: 2000 K1200lt ABS reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Hovey View Post
I tried the ABS reset with pin 2 on the diagnostic plug where I had no power, and pin 21 on the ABS plug the lights would go solid but as soon as I cycled the key switch they started flashing alternately. Not sure what to do about no power to pin 2 on the Diagnostic plug the wiring looks good.
I take it that you were attempting to read the fault code on pin 2 by the needle drops on an analog volt meter.

First, did you have the meter set for DC volts and not AC? that might be an insulting question for some but it still has to be asked.

Another thing you need to remember is that BMW does not use the frame as ground. Make sure you are going to the negative side of the battery when ground is referenced in a test like this.

I have not tried this method myself so I can't say what you should see on pin 2. If you can tell us what area you live in, there might be someone close enough with a GS911 to drop by and read any fault codes and do a reset that way to see if it makes a difference.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in