Mini Floorboards EMGO 54-48054 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jul 12th, 2017, 1:44 pm Thread Starter

Mini Floorboards EMGO 54-48054

I added floor boards to my K1200LT for my 6100 mile road trip and I am pleased with the comfort during the initial 1000 mile ride. The price on ebay was too good to pass up at less than $60/pair. Here are some pictures. All I did was remove the rubber pad on the floor pegs, drilled mounting holes and purchased some nuts and bolts to attached to the existing foot peg mounts to the frame as well as to the foot peg. You need at least a 90mm mounting bolt to the frame to support the floor board and a harden steel bolt would be better but they did not have the length that I need at the local hardware store. I will cut off the long screw on the next revision,add add rubber cushions to the bolts just in case I get some vibrations, add a pair to the rear for my passenger and add heavier duty bolts to minimize the bending of the mounting bolts. By the way, I added a nut to the bolt before attached it to the frame mounting hole for stability as well as tension on the mounting floor peg.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floorboard.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	128841   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1274 (1).JPG
Views:	255
Size:	798.2 KB
ID:	128865   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1275.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	763.3 KB
ID:	128873   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1276.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	924.8 KB
ID:	128881  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jul 12th, 2017, 2:55 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Mini Floorboards EMGO 54-48054

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpadgett View Post
I added floor boards to my K1200LT for my 6100 mile road trip and I am pleased with the comfort during the initial 1000 mile ride. The price on ebay was too good to pass up at less than $60/pair. Here are some pictures. All I did was remove the rubber pad on the floor pegs, drilled mounting holes and purchased some nuts and bolts to attached to the existing foot peg mounts to the frame as well as to the foot peg. You need at least a 90mm mounting bolt to the frame to support the floor board and a harden steel bolt would be better but they did not have the length that I need at the local hardware store. I will cut off the long screw on the next revision,add add rubber cushions to the bolts just in case I get some vibrations, add a pair to the rear for my passenger and add heavier duty bolts to minimize the bending of the mounting bolts. By the way, I added a nut to the bolt before attached it to the frame mounting hole for stability as well as tension on the mounting floor peg.
Do these hit if you lay the LT on its side?

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Jul 13th, 2017, 6:48 pm

Re: Mini Floorboards EMGO 54-48054

It would appear that would all sheer off if it hits the pavement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in