I am Moving on to Different Wheels - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 8Likes
  • 3 Post By GaryEm
  • 1 Post By bmwcoolk1200
  • 2 Post By eelmgren
  • 1 Post By GaryEm
  • 1 Post By Notahog
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jul 8th, 2017, 6:53 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GaryEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hudsonville, Mi., USA
Posts: 844
I am Moving on to Different Wheels

Well I ended buying a goldwing 1800 and got rid of LT I put on 90,000 miles on the LT in seven years and believe or not never dropped her But any way the goldwing does handle better at the slow speeds and stopping I know I will not be able to go thorugh the curves like the LT but over all do really like it better easier to get at things and my wife likes the ride better
But I do thank everyone on the forum for the help in keeping the LT up and running I probably would not be able to afford the goldwing if it was not for the help JUST KIDDING
A many great thanks to Dave (saddleman) and John Z
But this deal came up so quick that I bought a rear tire for the LT just 3 weeks ago BT020 M 160/70B 17 and its
wrapped in plastic yet that it came with so if there in the west michigan area that needs a tire give me a pm I really would rather not ship it 135 dollars its yours
And I have the saddleman 30mm cut out socket for 30 dollars and the 14mm socket wrench that saddleman sells that you use for rear to take every thing apart and a bag of screws and clips that you use for the fairing the OEM ones
Anyway thanks for everyone

Gary
2003 K1200LT
GaryEm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old Jul 8th, 2017, 7:24 am
Senior Member
 
bmwcoolk1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,906
Re: I am Moving on to Different Wheels

I am still too young to be on a wing


Gary, don't be a stranger. It is a choice I may make in a number of years but not today. I still need some excitement. Hope to see you around though. You are still part of the LT legacy and family. Keep the shiny side up.

Gordon
saddleman likes this.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwcoolk1200 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old Jul 8th, 2017, 10:08 am
Senior Member
 
james216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Garfield Hts, Ohio, USA
Posts: 1,367
Re: I am Moving on to Different Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryEm View Post
Well I ended buying a goldwing 1800 and got rid of LT I put on 90,000 miles on the LT in seven years and believe or not never dropped her But any way the goldwing does handle better at the slow speeds and stopping I know I will not be able to go thorugh the curves like the LT but over all do really like it better easier to get at things and my wife likes the ride better
But I do thank everyone on the forum for the help in keeping the LT up and running I probably would not be able to afford the goldwing if it was not for the help JUST KIDDING
A many great thanks to Dave (saddleman) and John Z
But this deal came up so quick that I bought a rear tire for the LT just 3 weeks ago BT020 M 160/70B 17 and its
wrapped in plastic yet that it came with so if there in the west michigan area that needs a tire give me a pm I really would rather not ship it 135 dollars its yours
And I have the saddleman 30mm cut out socket for 30 dollars and the 14mm socket wrench that saddleman sells that you use for rear to take every thing apart and a bag of screws and clips that you use for the fairing the OEM ones
Anyway thanks for everyone
Hey Gary. I got news for you. I know of 2 people that own Goldwings and keep up with anything on the curves. My one freind has 2010 Wing. He rode plenty fine before. But he put a traxion suspension on his Wing. His suspension is equal to probably better than a LT. It's like it's on rails. Vast improvment. If I ever get a Wing. It's one of the first improvements I'd do.

2004 K1200LT. Big Mama
1999 Suzuki Intruder VL1500LC. Betty Lou.
I'm a 4 percenter.
james216 is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old Jul 8th, 2017, 11:39 am
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 63
Re: I am Moving on to Different Wheels

Just because you are on a "Wing" it doesn't mean you've got to ride like an old man

rattler50 and Notahog like this.
eelmgren is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old Jul 8th, 2017, 6:17 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GaryEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hudsonville, Mi., USA
Posts: 844
Re: I am Moving on to Different Wheels

Thanks guys for the positive response I thought I would get a a$$ chewing I will still be getting on this forum now and than I been sort of hooked on for so long
saddleman likes this.

Gary
2003 K1200LT
GaryEm is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old Jul 8th, 2017, 6:29 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,007
Re: I am Moving on to Different Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryEm View Post
Thanks guys for the positive response I thought I would get a a$$ chewing I will still be getting on this forum now and than I been sort of hooked on for so long
You still may if we don't get a full ride report and compare and contrast to the LT.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old Jul 13th, 2017, 7:24 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chesterfield, South Carolina, United States
Posts: 248
Re: I am Moving on to Different Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
You still may if we don't get a full ride report and compare and contrast to the LT.
Also, we will need a picture of the teddy bear tied on the luggage rack. Good luck with the wing and keep us posted.
Leon
pkpr1998 likes this.
Notahog is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old Jul 14th, 2017, 7:50 am
Member
 
leod029's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: IA, USA
Posts: 30
Re: I am Moving on to Different Wheels

Did you get a chance to make that Alaska run this year? Or is that what the Wing is for?

2003 LT
1980 Gold Wing Interstate (still have it!)
1979 Kawasaki 750
1975 Suzuki 175
1963 Cushman Silver Eagle (wish I still had it!) (just bought another one!)
2016 Indian Scout 60 (She who must be obeyed needed a ride!)
leod029 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keep the RT wheels clean dbqfan RT Series 12 Aug 8th, 2009 2:12 pm
Second Set of Wheels - Great Deal Ted Shred GS Series 0 Nov 6th, 2006 2:52 am

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome