Clear Plastic Proctector - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 7:21 am Thread Starter

Clear Plastic Proctector

I know that I seen it on the Forums and i can't find it. I'm looking for a clear plastic sheeting that goes on the paint. It protects against rocks and bugs. The frond of my trailer is getting beat up from the LT kicking up rocks and bugs hitting the front of the trailer. Thanks....... Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 7:40 am

I have a product called Digi-Cut on my LT. It was installed by a place in Tulsa, OK.

The stuff is good - it was a bit expensive, but I am glad I had it done...

Here is a related thread -- http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...light=digi-cut

May help a little....
post #3 of 11 Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 8:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffer101
I know that I seen it on the Forums and i can't find it. I'm looking for a clear plastic sheeting that goes on the paint. It protects against rocks and bugs. The frond of my trailer is getting beat up from the LT kicking up rocks and bugs hitting the front of the trailer. Thanks....... Chuck
Make a mud flap out of two layers of old inner tube. 1" wide strips offset, one layer from the other by half, will catch 95% of oil dirt and debree and redirect it to the ground. Same as a skirt on a motorhome, but free
Rock

post #4 of 11 Old Nov 26th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Clear film

Chuck - send me an email with how much you need and I'll see if I can get you some. I sell the 3M film from XPEL. Look them up on line, get the info to send and I can save you a few bucks.

Tim
post #5 of 11 Old Nov 27th, 2006, 11:23 am

I own a 2006 LT that is Storm Gray in color. An expensive bike needs good paint protection so I took it to Accutint in Bellevue Washington where they installed the 3m protectant on the bike. They put on 33 seperate piectes covering the fairing, front fender and lower cowling and bags. Probably more than one might want,;however, it has more than paid for itself. They have done several LT's.

Given the curves on the bike and difficult angles, I suggest a professional install. Here is the link and I suggest you call and talk to Tim at the Bellevue store who knows the bike and materials. My buddy bought a 2006 charcoal LT and they did a great install job.

Keep in mind that one nasty rock repair on the fairing can more than pay for the entire cost of a 3M coat.

http://www.accutintseattle.com/pp/index.html
post #6 of 11 Old Nov 27th, 2006, 11:38 am

I just saw an ad in the latest BMW ON mag. You might check out:
http://www.sniderproducts.com/paint3.html
post #7 of 11 Old Nov 27th, 2006, 12:20 pm Thread Starter

tim

Send you a email. Chuck
post #8 of 11 Old Nov 27th, 2006, 12:22 pm

Scout 70's paint protection.

I saw his bike with the paint protection on and it looks top notch. Great stuff to put on the bike and car.

I also put the headlite protection on my bike and both cars. Will protect them from chips and rock damage.
post #9 of 11 Old Nov 27th, 2006, 1:29 pm

So, Tim, do you need a sq. foot request? I think I'd like some on the lower fairing for sure...

Thanks!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 Old Nov 27th, 2006, 8:00 pm

Protector

Channing - I can get pre-cut film kits made by 3M for the body and headlights; car/truck/motorcycles, and save you money. However if you are just needing some squares or pieces (considered bulk), you can check out xpel.com. That's where I buy my product.

Unfortunately I don't have bulk products.
post #11 of 11 Old Nov 28th, 2006, 9:39 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffer101
Found this from a post a year ago. I just ordered the Headlight kit for $16.95 including packing & shipping

http://www.xpel.com/products/default.asp

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in