Input for backrest - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 1st, 2017, 3:18 am Thread Starter

Input for backrest

Hello all-

I just picked up my 2nd new LT this weekend. My 1st one is likely gonna be sold. Anyway.... with having the bike color I really wanted, now comes to dress her up! Well was wondering about peoples input of a backrest, what brand does everyone have, what have yall tried, are there any to stay away from?

I have found one that I seem to like how it is setup. This is the link to it... if yall could let me know what you think, it would be much appreciated! the name is Utopia.

Utopia Products - Motorcycle Driver Backrest - Motorcycle Seat

Thank you.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old May 1st, 2017, 6:47 am

Re: Input for backrest

Hi, Mike. I've enjoyed a Utopia backrest on ole Toad for 17 years and absolutely no issues. I like that it can be positioned most favorable for your back - the vertical support bar can be locked forward or back from vertical, as well as the pad will tilt to confirm to your posture while seated. After 140K+ miles of use, looks brand new. Don't know their current offerings, but mine came with a wraparound cover to hide the vertical bar (recommended), along with a small 'purse-like' removable belt pack. HTH, Mike - best always.
post #3 of 3 Old May 1st, 2017, 7:05 am

Re: Input for backrest

I've got a Utopia I picked up off Fleabay. Had to fab my own mount, since the mount was designed for a different bike. It ain't the prettiest thing under the seat, but when it's down, it looks natural. That pic is of the stock seat, I've since added a Corbin. Aside from a small gap between the rider and passenger seat, it still sits and looks the same.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in