Thx for all the info - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 7:11 pm Thread Starter

Thx for all the info

Hi chaps, Thanks for all the good info posted on this site. I bought an 02' K1200LT a couple weeks ago and with your help, managed to remove the tupperware, jump the speedo JB & JC contacts, upgrade to the new throttle cables, adjust the cruise control cancel switch, and figure out why the alarm starting wailing after I reconnected the battery. The info on this site was invaluable. My wife and I are looking forward to some good rides. Boy, this bike smoooth!
-Kent
K1200LT
R1150R
Cozy Mk IV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 7:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyOrBike
Hi chaps, Thanks for all the good info posted on this site. I bought an 02' K1200LT a couple weeks ago and with your help, managed to remove the tupperware, jump the speedo JB & JC contacts, upgrade to the new throttle cables, adjust the cruise control cancel switch, and figure out why the alarm starting wailing after I reconnected the battery. The info on this site was invaluable. My wife and I are looking forward to some good rides. Boy, this bike smoooth!
-Kent
K1200LT
R1150R
Cozy Mk IV
Hi backatcha, Kent. After seeing you locale, I'm glad you're able to post. Saw some news clips of severe storm damage in NC today. Glad you missed it.

Boy, you got right in there on doing the upgrades and mods, Kent. Good show. Farkle-izing comes next, and that's where these forums really shine - leading one by the wrench, so to speak. Enjoy the ride; ride it safe; meet up with some of the folks in your area to share the good riding; and drop in here now and then and lettuce know how thangs are progressing. Welcome aboard.
post #3 of 8 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 7:40 pm

Thumbs up

Now that is one of the most refreshing jump ins yet! Not the usual barrage of questions that have been answered countless times before, but REAL RESEARCH!

Welcome, and glad you found the site.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 8 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Now that is one of the most refreshing jump ins yet! Not the usual barrage of questions that have been answered countless times before, but REAL RESEARCH!

Welcome, and glad you found the site.
Hey, David - he did good, didn't he. Wish he wuz in my 'hood, I'd give him some billing alongside Grif for a tech session!!

Oh, lissen - btw; since Kent didn't ax hardly anythang, whaddya think about my situation with Toad. We've got over 110K on the clock now, been running synth the last 100K or so - you think I should switch back to Dino yet?!?!
post #5 of 8 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 8:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Hey, David - he did good, didn't he. Wish he wuz in my 'hood, I'd give him some billing alongside Grif for a tech session!!

Oh, lissen - btw; since Kent didn't ax hardly anythang, whaddya think about my situation with Toad. We've got over 110K on the clock now, been running synth the last 100K or so - you think I should switch back to Dino yet?!?!
At 110K, it is time to switch to Karo Dark. I was about to, but the bike destructed at 110K before I could get it done. Yeah, that's the reason.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #6 of 8 Old Nov 17th, 2006, 7:44 am

Welcome from South of the Border, the VA border that is. Right up from ya in Mt. Airy, NC. Did you see the tech session down your way coming up? Might wanna go meet some other "local" LTers. And another new one is right below you in Rock Hill.

Enjoy the bike.
Rando
post #7 of 8 Old Nov 17th, 2006, 8:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyOrBike
-Kent
K1200LT
R1150R
Cozy Mk IV

Youwill really like the gas cap modification, no need to unlock it every time you stop to fill up! yet you can still lock it at the hotel parking overnight, IMHO it was thee best mod!

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #8 of 8 Old Nov 17th, 2006, 9:26 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
Youwill really like the gas cap modification, no need to unlock it every time you stop to fill up! yet you can still lock it at the hotel parking overnight, IMHO it was thee best mod!

Tom
Yeah, I wasn't sure I would do that one but then I found what a PITA to turn the cap with key and fob flopping around.
Looking forward to the tech session here in N.C.
--Kent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in